[NL2-NL10] Fast NL5: Overpair on dry board, turnplay

• kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      Since I play Fast, i don't use a HUD anymore so i dont have any reads etc.

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $5.05 (101 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $2 (40 bb)
      CO: $6.62 (132.4 bb)
      BTN: $3.81 (76.2 bb)
      SB: $5.02 (100.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.23

Flop: ($0.72) 6 9 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BTN calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.92) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.44, BTN raises to $2.86, ...?

Think flop is quite standard, i took 60c since i'm out position.
      Turn i'm not sure, I still have an overpair but now stack to pot ratio is getting small, so if i bet (maybe i can bet little smaller, like 1.1) does that mean i have to go broke or can i still fold?

Thnx!
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Kenneth,

Preflop: Is there any reason as to why we 3-bet so small OOP? I would make it at least 9-10 BB here given that the opponent may actually be fishy as well (only 76 BB).

Postflop: Given the amount we bet and the amount left I don't think we can fold.

We get about 18% pot odds so even if he has all set combos and JJ we have enough equity to call.

All sets are 12 combos (3 each), JJ is 6 combos. That means we beat 33% of his range (that's not counting our equity versus his hands of 4% if he has just sets).
    • kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      Preflop indeed i have to 3bet bigger, didnt see that.

The math is quite interesting... Never have done thinking like that in splitting ranges in hands we beat and hands were beaten by. Will apply this in future hands!

Thnx Bogadan!

Kenneth
    • kennethjeu
      kennethjeu
      Bronze
      Do you find the Turnbet ok then, thnx!
      And don't we have to add some T9 combo's?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by kennethjeu
      Do you find the Turnbet ok then, thnx!
      And don't we have to add some T9 combo's?
      If you add a loose hand as T9 then you can add a lot of garbage hands that can float the flop so that only gives us more incentives to go with the hand (like AQdd, AT, etc).

I'd say that given his stack size and potentially fishy nature we should bet the turn for value and go with the hand.