Is this true?

• strat9
      "One very important thing that I have to tell you, don't play nl10 [SSS I assume]on ftp the rake is 10% so 100% more then normal its very hard, close to impossible to beat nl10 as a beginner.

Best Regards

I read this in a post and playing fulltilt NL10 is what I am doing right now. Is this for real? And if so why? Obviousy I know that because it takes more money than usual, and therefore makes progress slow. But why is this 10% rake so difficult to overcome? Even if you are ok to multi table? What about the next levels? Is it impossible even with the rakeback?

If anybody has advanced past nl10 fulltilt please let me know if and how you did it. If it is impossible, please expound a little more as to why, because I am playing SSS on fulltilt nl10 and don't want to waste my time. Should I just skip to nl25 ($80-90current BR)?
  • 2 replies
    • cannell555
      Its not impossible. Its has been done a few times, but it is definaitly harder on FullTilt at this limit. Beyond this limit on FT it is standard rake, so no worries there. Stick to the SHC 100% and you can beat NL10, but it will take longer than on other sites. Skipping straight to NL25 isn't advised, as SSS is pretty swingy, and you could quite easy go bust on this limit.

Even with rakeback you are still worse off at NL10, than on other platforms. The 10% rake is hard to overcome, as with SSS you are only winning small amounts of money.

EDIT: Why have you posted the same question in 3 different topics?
    • swissmoumout
      Originally posted by cannell555
      EDIT: Why have you posted the same question in 3 different topics?
      multi-threading to improve his reply-rate, obv.

ya, i'm tired.