Dealt to Hero 9:club: J:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.30) 4:spade: T:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.65, Hero raises to $2.40, BTN calls $1.75

TURN ($6.10) 4:spade: T:spade: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

Hero bets $4, BTN folds

Hero shows 9:club: J:spade:

Hero wins $5.80

I probably should fold vs such station preflop.

When he bets so small on tunr and his bet ms missed cbet is 100%, it means he often has air, I have BDFD and bd str draw, so I decided to test how he folds, so raised
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: Playing OOP vs such a guy with a weak hand/range is going to potentially end in a disaster so yes this should be a fold preflop.

Postflop: As played why are we trying to bluff a fish with no equity (or little equity)? We should ck/fold the flop.

As played your bet on the turn is fine.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      As played why are we trying to bluff a fish with no equity (or little equity)?

because he is likely having also no or weak equity
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      As played why are we trying to bluff a fish with no equity (or little equity)?

because he is likely having also no or weak equity
      Cool, so that means that he can bluff our entire range here then?

What's an aggro calling station like fish most likely to do in spots like this? What's your plan on most turns that's don't improve our hand? Just bet and hope he folds "the no equity" hands?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold

He at least tries to I think. BUt we can then c/c with value hands, or c/r after knowing that he callse c/r on flop and folds turn - means he calls light c/raises.

Actually I think if I would not have bet the turn and he has weak hand on turn, he would have bluffed turn. Unless he believes that he can win showdown.

What's an aggro calling station like fish most likely to do in spots like this?

I guess you mean he is likely calling our c/r. But I thought if he has so much air, he should fold. Lets say he has overcards or 4x.

What's your plan on most turns that's don't improve our hand? Just bet and hope he folds "the no equity" hands?

Give up. Once he called, I think he has equity which he is not giving up easily. Thats why I thought flop raise could work.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

He at least tries to I think. BUt we can then c/c with value hands, or c/r after knowing that he callse c/r on flop and folds turn - means he calls light c/raises.

Actually I think if I would not have bet the turn and he has weak hand on turn, he would have bluffed turn. Unless he believes that he can win showdown.

What's an aggro calling station like fish most likely to do in spots like this?

I guess you mean he is likely calling our c/r. But I thought if he has so much air, he should fold. Lets say he has overcards or 4x.

What's your plan on most turns that's don't improve our hand? Just bet and hope he folds "the no equity" hands?

Give up. Once he called, I think he has equity which he is not giving up easily. Thats why I thought flop raise could work.
      But what equity hands fold that turn? Surely no pairs fold to just one bet when the flush gets there.

So on the turn he folded floats most likely (like A high) that's why I think that a plan to raise with little equity and give up is burning money versus a fish like him.