Is this true?

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      "One very important thing that I have to tell you, don't play nl10 [SSS I assume]on ftp the rake is 10% so 100% more then normal its very hard, close to impossible to beat nl10 as a beginner.

Best Regards

Ysessa"

I read this in a post and playing fulltilt NL10 is what I am doing right now. Is this for real? And if so why? Obviousy I know that because it takes more money than usual, and therefore makes progress slow. But why is this 10% rake so difficult to overcome? Even if you are ok to multi table? What about the next levels? Is it impossible to beat even with the rakeback?

If anybody has advanced past nl10 fulltilt please let me know if and how you did it. If it is impossible, please expound a little more as to why, because I am playing SSS on fulltilt nl10 and don't want to waste my time. Should I just skip to nl25 ($80-90current BR)?
  • 4 replies
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      A beginner has a very low expected profit margin. This combined with a larger rake makes it even harder to get a profit. The statement doesn't mean "You can't beat NL10". It just says for a beginner NL10 on FTP is harder than any other.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      not sure of the exact figures but I found NL10 at FT so tight it was almost impossible to make a profit.

I moved to PP and found it a lot easier to say the least.
    • JFN17
      JFN17
      Bronze
      Yes it is true that NL10 on fulltilt has 10% rake whereas the same limits on stars only has 5%. NL10 on tilt is still beatable though especially as u r getting 27% rakeback from ps. But 10% rake in a ring game does seriously suck a'ss! I suggest if u must play NL10 that you should play on stars as u will be saving 23% in rake! Good luck in ur quest for NL10 domination :)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      it's true. plus the tables are 9max, which is not optimal for SSS. but on the other hand you have the advantage that there are hardly any other SSS players on ftp (I wonder why... )