[NL20-NL50] NL50 KQ sqz pot abort mission

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $127.11 (254.2 bb)
      BTN: $21.19 (42.4 bb)
      SB: $39.33 (78.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $25 (50 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6.50, UTG calls $5, SB folds

Flop: ($14.50) 5 9 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, UTG calls $6.50

Turn: ($27.50) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, UTG calls $9

River: ($45.50) A (2 players)

SB donk 49/9

UTG 20k hands
      25/19/7.4%
      open UTG 21%
      fold to 3bet UTG 51%
      4bet range UTG 1.6%
      fold to cbet flop/turn/river in 3bet pot 51/44/75 (8)
      WTSD 27%

Pre flop is fine

Flop decided to bet once or 3 times. Turn I think it's perfect to triple barrel, river is horrendous, I considered abort mission. BTW, sizes okay?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

Preflop you can probably be OK with making it only 6.

Postflop, I like the idea of 3 barreling but your sizing can be a bit smaller on flop (1/3 pot) but yours is not far off and you still have 1/2 pot river shove. The only slight problem here is your opponents high WTSD paired with your low equity. You are a bit too unlikely to make him fold even on Ace turn and you have too little equity against his hands to go for it probably. If you are viewed as solid against him, I like your plan, if he's seen you 3bet and barrel a high frequency I think you can give up on the turn. As played, river is abort ship imo. He was already unlikely to give you credit with just a single Ace, when river pairs the Ace you get called by TT instantly imo plus you beat other middle pairs like 88 which makes for an interesting dynamic if you should check/call river maybe? What do you think?
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hola,

Preflop you can probably be OK with making it only 6.

Postflop, I like the idea of 3 barreling but your sizing can be a bit smaller on flop (1/3 pot) but yours is not far off and you still have 1/2 pot river shove. The only slight problem here is your opponents high WTSD paired with your low equity. You are a bit too unlikely to make him fold even on Ace turn and you have too little equity against his hands to go for it probably. If you are viewed as solid against him, I like your plan, if he's seen you 3bet and barrel a high frequency I think you can give up on the turn. As played, river is abort ship imo. He was already unlikely to give you credit with just a single Ace, when river pairs the Ace you get called by TT instantly imo plus you beat other middle pairs like 88 which makes for an interesting dynamic if you should check/call river maybe? What do you think?
      Lol, the thought didn't cross my mind once I checked river I guess because I unconsciously expect a check back. But you have a point and I think he has close to zero Ax combos when he calls flop, I think it's an interesting spot to make a fancy Hero call. Anyways, he chked back TT. I do think he is folding TT on river blank most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong and should give up turn. It's hard to guess what will they do. The other day one guy call me down super light with very little info on me: NL50 A3s 3bet pot 3barrel
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      In the other hand you rep quite thinner since you wouldn't vbet all Qx in your range there so his TT becomes close to as good as QT.

I think planning on barreling when this turn comes is the best play atm, that can ofc change in time since people stop folding enough on average. :)