noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $4.92 (123 bb)
      BTN: $5.67 (141.8 bb)
      SB: $4.26 (106.5 bb)
      BB: $4.08 (102 bb)

Preflop: Hero is Sb with 6 :diamond: 8:diamond:
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.06, BB folds

not much stats but i was 3betting a lot these first hands. So i decided to just call 86s for the min open. Also the BB doesnt seem to sqz much .

Flop: ($0.20) K:heart: 8:spade: 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, BTN checks

on the flop i plan to c/c at least once .

Turn: ($0.20) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds

when he ch the flop i dont put him on a K so i bet for value . on the min r i fold.
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'm definitely not calling 86s here. The hand is quite dominated plus we are OOP so we have an easy fold here.

On the flop checking with the intention to check/call is fine.

Once he checks the flop, betting the turn is fine.
      Without information folding against the minraise is good to me.

Best,
      Plamen
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      with what hands u would like to 3bet bluff in this spot ?

And calling with 98s type hand should be ok ?
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      noulispa, you can call preflop such hands but only vs players who can overvalue their hands postflop, or who have evident leaks postflop like huge fold cbet vs raise etc. But you have to know you opponent very well.

In a normal situation it's 3bet or fold. Because BU and CO range usually pretty loose. So they can have dominating hands easy, like bigger fd-hands, or str8 hands. You will not get many value oop in a raise pot vs such range, but will be able to lose a lot.

There is 1 more situation when you can call it pre: If there is a very lose fish on the BB.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      If you have enough distance you can check out such preflop calls in your HM or PT. I'm pretty sure you don't play such hands profitable with calls against an open raiser.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Our 3bet bluff range quite much depends on our calling range here.

I would usually call in this spot 22-99, A2s-ATs, A8o-ATo, K9s-KJs, KTo+, Q9s+, QTo+, J9s+, JTo, T9s, 98s, 87s.
      So this means that we 3bet for value TT+, AJ+, KQs. These are 82 combos so we should be looking forward to 3bet at least the same amount with bluffs. Usually, without information OOP I like 3betting 1:1 value:bluffs, so we should go for around 82 combos of bluffs so something like this - K8s-K2s,Q8s-Q7s,A5o-A2o, should be fine.