$61.50
      CO:
      $64.43
      BU (Hero):
      $50.52
      SB:
      $56.97

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $7.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $15.00, SB folds, BB calls $8.00.

Flop: ($33) 8, K, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($33) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $104.85, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $33.

OR 24/19
      SB 20/13
      BB 29/20/17 35hands

pre: just a call and hoped that BB squeezes. Otherwise AQs IP should be ok, too. Is my raisesize too big, becauseI dont have FE against a push? Maybe just minraise (12,5 or 13$)? General idea: cc + r pre nice or not?

as played Turn: Flop sucks...just give up? What do you think is his range? I see him pushing QQ/AK pre and normally AA/KK, too (because of my raisesize)--> maybe JJ/TT/AQ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: We have 3 options here
      -Backraise allin
      -Call
      -Backraise min4bet

If you want to min4bet, it is too large IMO. Just make it 14$ or maybe even 13$. Do you have a backraise 4bet bluffing range? If not I see no point in making a small 4bet. Just ship it in with your 77/88/99/TT/AQ type of hands if that's the case.

Calling is also reasonable especially when we have the strongest hand in the deck for calling here (Assuming we never slowplay AA-QQ and AK)

Flop: I don't get why you think the Flop sucks for you. We have way more KX hands in our range than villain. Just cbet 1/3 pot and hope to fold out all his air. We can rep some AK combos whereas he can't really do so (he would probably jam preflop).

Thanks.
    • Majestaet
      Majestaet
      Bronze
      Raisesize is not god, I agree with that.

Flop: The problem that I do have here is, that I normally cb my hole value-Range. The board is very dry and the spr is so low that it is not a problem to get it all in, of course. AA/KK/AK as the premium part of my range is not very vulnerable...so I would cb it very often for bluffinduce. QQ/JJ as good part of my range without hitting the flop is wa/wb here and I think cb and calling his push is> betting.

--->my cb-Range is very strong and contains all of my "broke"-hands

What should I do with hands like AQ/AJ +maybe 99/TT/QJs? If I do not have a valuebetting-Range I cant bluff, too.

Or is it bullshit to cb AA/KK/AK? Bet them + few bluffs > cb 100%?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You are over-thinking this simple spot.

King high Dry Flop + backdoor draws = Cbet once. Villain often misses this board with his AQ AJ ATs AXs JTs type of hands. Sometimes he has KQ KJs but that's not going to happen that much. He is also in a tough spot with TT/99 here.

He's not going to be thinking about your balance. In fact he only played 35 hands with you before. Even if his sample size was 5k with you, I doubt this spot comes up very often and I don't think he will remember you that well (remember that at lower limits the player pool is much larger).