MP1: $10.50
      MP2: $6.90
      MP3: $3.85
      CO: $27.70
      Button: $10.70
      SB: $2.50
      BB: $23.30

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.4, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 6 K 8 ($0.95, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, MP3 raises to $1.4, Hero ???????
  • 8 replies
    • Vevusio
      i think i would fold this, unless you know this guy is really loose and does stuff like this on the flop really often with rags or maybe 2nd pair

it is unlikely your hand will improve, if you call he will do the same thing again on the turn probably and then you are in the same situation (again)

i know its hard to give up a good hand like that even if you might be able to win if he is a fish, but you dont know, so folding would be the safe thing to do
    • LuckFactorX
      my oppinion is that QQ are overrated. it is true that it is a pair, a big pair, the 3-rd most strong hand in Hold'em but it is a hand that is very difficult to play after the flop if overcards hit.

I will NOT fold it in that spot IMO. calling here and reevaluating on the turn is the right play here (if your opponent is not short stacked and pot commited). it is true that the King is not a preety sight but a min raise is not so threatening. call and see what happens on the turn. he might be testing the waters there with a hand such as A8 (I will do it sometimes for sure) with position. your real trouble is position and he might be using it.

another way to look at it is that pot commitment here is becoming an issue for him. flat calling is okay but what abbout putting him allin? this I think is the play I would do for sure.
      folding is NOT an option.

I do not like to play queens as a premium hand. UTG I will usually limp and try to see some weakness in order to come over the top with a big reraise when an opponent raises and 1 or 2 other call. it depends:tight or loose table, aggressive opponents, my immage etc. without position QQ and JJ is extremely difficult to handle. and that is because about 35% of times a K or an A will hit the flop. i do not say that this is the best way to handle QQ but I have a more cautious approach with this hand. usually I like to end it before or on the flop.
    • gggeorgio
      The board is pretty uncoordinated so I'd say you could have made your bet more like half pot because you're more likely to get worse hands calling, and you're wasting less money against a king. As played, I think your probably beat, but I'm not ready to throw the hand away and would probably call, then check on the turn and see what happens (although maybe there's a better way to play it, since he'll very often bet strong on the turn and you'll have to fold...)

To LuckFactor, I think you have to raise Q's, J's UTG because if you limp then very often you'll end up in a multiway pot with them (you've lost most of their value) and you'll be forced to fold very often after the flop. The more hands you've played, the more you'll know how to play these difficult hands postflop, they definitely play better postflop against 1-2 opponents. I know that I have problems with them still, but I definitely think I'm making more money playing them with a raise preflop and then eventually learning the correct postflop play in different situations.

Hope this helps
    • Tosh5457
      If you want to play I think calling and check/calling his push on the turn is better, because he might think his 2nd pair is good. If you re-raise him on the flop he'll probably only call with a K.

Against an unknown (although he's a donkey, i dont know the hands he'd do this with) I'd probably fold, if you call be ready to call his push on the turn.
    • Alexburg
      Without a decent read on the player i would fold. Just to hard to play QQ out of position after that flop.
    • carusel
      its not hard to play, folding is easy :>
    • Kaitz20
      I like to fold.
      He won´t raise here as a bluff very often.
      He either has strong K or set.
    • punta
      Thanks Guys - i shoved and he showed Krag :(