[NL20-NL50] nl20Sh QQ vs flopraise

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

Anon table so pretty much unknown. But he does look taggy and doesn't like to fold to 3 bets plus he's shown some aggression on the flop before.

Pre: standard

Flop: I really don't get what he's raising here. AA/KK just 4b pre I think so the only thing that makes sense is. JJ/QJ/AT and some random bluffs. I think I can call here for sure.

Turn: The worst card in the deck and I'm just c/folding here.

River: Still c/folding altough if he's bet I'm more tempted to call since he'd bet his made hands ott anyway.

Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $18.40 (92 bb)
      UTG: $20.64 (103.2 bb)
      MP: $17.37 (86.9 bb)
      CO: $44.57 (222.9 bb)
      BTN: $23.65 (118.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.44, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, BTN calls $1.06

Flop: ($3.20) 4 T 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $3.30

Turn: ($13.20) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($13.20) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $13.20 pot ($0.66 rake)
      Final Board: 4 T 9 K 2
      Hero showed Q Q and won $12.54 ($6.04 net)
      BTN mucked J J and lost (-$6.50 net)

Thanks!

RasTweet
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

You posted the wrong hand. Please post the right one.

Btw about this A3 hand, you should definitely be betting the River. It's just so unlikely he has us beat here and he can definitely c/c with some worse hands on the River. Besides we have the nut flush blocker so he cannot have nut flushes here.

Thanks.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Oh cmon I can't even post hands properly now? :f_frown:

I fixed it now mbml! I'm sooo sorry!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      No problem :)

Flop: I think 3betting flop is a reasonable option. I'm always 3betting Flop with JJ cos it's really vulnerable. KK and AA could be ok to slowplay with. QQ is close, cos you have 12% of cards in the deck (A/K) which makes your hand weaker.

I think he can have worse for sure so I don't mind just min 3betting the Flop, we could also have some bluffs here.

Turn: obviously checking

River: Do we have value in a river bet? Does he call us if we bet here? Maybe he calls with JJ, and some TX hands. but I think he can have some KJ and KQ in his range too. That's not great for us. I think checking here is reasonable and maybe we can check/call again to bluff catch against some random bluffs or lower straight draws like 87s 86s 67s

Thanks.