[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh 56s 3bet BB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      SB: $1.47 (36.8 bb)
      BB: $5.69 (142.3 bb)
      MP: $4.46 (111.5 bb)
      CO: $6.06 (151.5 bb) 32/27/3bet 21,7/fld 3bet-/cbet 78/fld cbet 0/pf agg 11/80 hands
      BTN: $4.54 (113.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 :diamond: 5:diamond:
      MP calls $0.04, CO raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.52, MP folds, CO calls $0.36

not much stats but hte CO looks aggro. HOwever i dont like my 3bet/bluff cause we are OOp and we get called more often. If i was on the BU it would be better . Here i think we want to 3 bet bluff hands like KTo KJo type hands

Flop: ($1.10) 6:club: A:heart: J:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.54, CO calls $0.54

on the flop with the A J better to ch/fold ? I cbet cause it hink he is fold some better hands like 99 TT ok plan ?

Turn: ($2.18) T:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $1.42, BB folds
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: looks fine. Why would you want to 3-bet bluffs hands like KTo and KJo that get dominated a lot easier and flop less stuff you can barrel? Just because they block a few hands?

You said that he calls more, so that means that you want hands that won't get you in a lot of trouble without info. If you 3-bet KTo how do you play Txx or Kxx boards?

Postflop: As played your bet on flop, fold on turn is perfectly fine.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      So better 3bet bluff here hands like 56s 78s adn some A 2s-A5s and flat KT KJ ?

Also i would like to add that when it comes to sqz play KT KQ KJ AJ hands are better to 3bet(like we have discuss in previous posts.) But when it comes to 3bet hu pots are better to call to keep the opps range wide and bluff with sc's axs kxs type hands ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      So better 3bet bluff here hands like 56s 78s adn some A 2s-A5s and flat KT KJ ?

Also i would like to add that when it comes to sqz play KT KQ KJ AJ hands are better to 3bet(like we have discuss in previous posts.) But when it comes to 3bet hu pots are better to call to keep the opps range wide and bluff with sc's axs kxs type hands ?
      Especially at the lower limits, people fold a lot to squeezes, more so than regular 3-bets.

When you look at bluffing preflop HU you have to think about what will happen when villain doesn't fold because when he folds we move on to the next hand. So what happens if he 4-bets or calls.

The last thing we want is to be OOP with a raggy hand and not have any info on the opponent.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      When you look at bluffing preflop HU you have to think about what will happen when villain doesn't fold because when he folds we move on to the next hand. So what happens if he 4-bets or calls.

The last thing we want is to be OOP with a raggy hand and not have any info on the opponent.

if he 4bets we got an easy fold. If he calls he usually got a hand like broadway or a mid-strong pair like 88-jj. Hmm so its better not to bluff 3bet against unkn oop ? or bluff with sc's that flop well against them ? and some small suited Ax as i said? Or dont bluff at all and wait to get some hands and then go for bluff 3betting ? The think is that i am playing on anon tables . So every seession i get 140-160 hands per player. So i would end up playin really nitty on the start of the sess. Thats why i try to find a bluffing 3bet range from blinds against Late pos opens who seems regy full stacks .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa

if he 4bets we got an easy fold. If he calls he usually got a hand like broadway or a mid-strong pair like 88-jj. Hmm so its better not to bluff 3bet against unkn oop ? or bluff with sc's that flop well against them ? and some small suited Ax as i said? Or dont bluff at all and wait to get some hands and then go for bluff 3betting ? The think is that i am playing on anon tables . So every seession i get 140-160 hands per player. So i would end up playin really nitty on the start of the sess. Thats why i try to find a bluffing 3bet range from blinds against Late pos opens who seems regy full stacks .
      You still want to 3-bet OOP as a bluff especially against guys that open too wide. What we want to avoid is hands that can get us in a lot of trouble postflop and for someone that's at the start of their poker career these hands are usually offsuite weak broadways/Ax that have poor playability if called in a bigger pot (and are easily dominated).