[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh T8s possible 3bet against BU open ?

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $9.46 (236.5 bb)
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.30 (82.5 bb)
      BB: $4.03 (100.8 bb)
      UTG: $4 (100 bb)
      MP: $4.17 (104.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T :diamond: 8 :diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, 2 folds

readless. but he is full stack he is open from btn . can we 3bet/bluff? with T9s ,89s we can defend passively so T8s can goes to our 3bet /bluff range? OOP ? Or i should probably fold the one gappres suited before got more reads?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Noulispa,

Preflop: I think 3-betting is perfectly fine even against unknown. People play really fit/fold in 3-bet pots all the way up to nl50.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Could you please give me a range to have in 3bet/bluffs in these spots ?

3bet for value here against unkn is AQ+ TT+ . I assume
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by noulispa
      Could you please give me a range to have in 3bet/bluffs in these spots ?

3bet for value here against unkn is AQ+ TT+ . I assume
      You are readless so TT/JJ would be too thin imo for value (maybe JJ is ok).

What's your calling range here like?
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      You are readless so TT/JJ would be too thin imo for value (maybe JJ is ok).

Hey i was get the advice from another coach here
      anon tables nl4 sh AQo SB . So what is best ?

What's your calling range here like?

Here our calling range looks like AT-AJo , KT- KQ , we can add somoe suited QJs JTs K9s T9s? A8s-A9s . And then we can say that our 3bet bluff range can be A2s-a5s , 56s-98s , and some small pairs ?

However with calling range from the blinds against BU,CO opens i think i miss some hands and i folding a lot. The thing is that i am not comfortable play them OOP with a weak hand OOP. I know that if pfr is from the CO or BU differs. And also Hero being in sb or bb differs cause when we are on sb we got the bb to act behind when on the bb we are last to act and we can call wider i guess? BUt i still i think i got to work a lot on this part..
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      So what's our plan if we 3-bet TT and even JJ and get called? Especially with TT, we will see a ton of high card flops which means that we almost always turn our hand into a bluff when we cbet and just hope to take the pot down.

As far as your 3-bet range goes you are on the right path. Without information you want to keep it simple and not guess a lot. At 4-10 nl people are pretty straight forward and fold a lot to cbets but as you move up they will stop doing that so if you get yourself in bad habits now it will be hard(er) to change them later.

Of course playing OOP isn't easy and that's why we recommend that you start small and work your way from there (in other words don't go for a super wide range right away).