This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] bluff 4bet CO vs BB, forced to play postflop

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      opp, seems to be unknown agressive regular 31/26/42h, AF 9.0 - small sample
      I expected him to lose 3bet me here, due to my image. Have to cbet such flop I think, it's a standart bet-fold. On the turn I want to see the free showdown, so check behind. And the river is... I don't know. :)
      Is there call on the river?
      Any other possible lines? Is it a good idea to cbet the flop?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.79)
      BB ($25.75)
      UTG ($25)
      Hero ($29.25)
      BTN ($29.43)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.35, Hero raises to $4.75, BB calls $2.40

FLOP ($9.60) J:spade: 2:diamond: K:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5

TURN ($19.60) J:spade: 2:diamond: K:diamond: Q:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($19.60) J:spade: 2:diamond: K:diamond: Q:club: 8:club:

BB bets $16 (AI), Hero calls $16 ??
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

river is easy call, since he would shove there a lot worse hands starting with QJ and ending some flushdraws that he did not want to get all- in on the flop.

I think turn is interesting decision spot. I would likely b/c 7$ and then take my free showdown, since pot is very big and I don´t think I can fold almost at any river if he decides to shove (so I should also protect my hand)

Other option would be check back flop and then cal him down (to induce bluffs)

best regards,