This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ vs aggrofish

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Opponent was playing 44/24 over 26 hands, infinite AF and 29 3bet. Really low sample but going by those stats I feel safe assuming he is reasonably aggro and quite fishy, since it would be very rare for a thinking opponent to have those stats, even after only 4 orbits. There is argument for a call pre, but I like to iso fish and play HU with strong pairs like JJ+.

On the flop im generally thinking hands like 88-TT or strong overs like KQ, AQ, AJ. Generally excluding AK or stronger pairs as I think its likely he would 4bet pre. Im leaning much more towards pairs or overs+fd as im not sure he would bet into me without some kind of reasonable hand strength. I could raise but I think there is more value to be had in flatting there, as anything I beat would likely fold.

On the turn I have no real ideas about what im doing, the K is quite scary but im really not sure it changes a massive amount, im still ahead of the range im thinking he has. Should I call here?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 105 BB
      Hero (BTN): 112.7 BB
      SB: 100 BB
      BB: 142.6 BB
      UTG: 42.2 BB
      MP: 102.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:club:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 12 BB

Flop: (38.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 4:club: 5:spade:
      CO bets 26 BB, Hero calls 26 BB

Turn: (90.5 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      CO bets 63 BB and is all-in, Hero ????
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I would just push the Flop, he is already committing himself, and I think we have value vs his range.

In my opinion he will get it in preflop with AA/KK/AK a lot of the time, even QQ as well. So he reps a lot of 99/TT/77/66, he may have some sets but he also can have a ton of junk and air.

Also, would like to point out that so many Turn cards are bad for you. Any 7/6/A/K/Q are bad which is like 40% of the deck, if I include clubs that's more than half the deck. And we also have value, and there's so much dead money in the pot that I think you must push here.

As played, The king doesn't change that much so I will call.

Thanks.