[NL2-NL10] JJ vs aggrofish

• esuohdla
      Opponent was playing 44/24 over 26 hands, infinite AF and 29 3bet. Really low sample but going by those stats I feel safe assuming he is reasonably aggro and quite fishy, since it would be very rare for a thinking opponent to have those stats, even after only 4 orbits. There is argument for a call pre, but I like to iso fish and play HU with strong pairs like JJ+.

On the flop im generally thinking hands like 88-TT or strong overs like KQ, AQ, AJ. Generally excluding AK or stronger pairs as I think its likely he would 4bet pre. Im leaning much more towards pairs or overs+fd as im not sure he would bet into me without some kind of reasonable hand strength. I could raise but I think there is more value to be had in flatting there, as anything I beat would likely fold.

On the turn I have no real ideas about what im doing, the K is quite scary but im really not sure it changes a massive amount, im still ahead of the range im thinking he has. Should I call here?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 105 BB
      Hero (BTN): 112.7 BB
      SB: 100 BB
      BB: 142.6 BB
      UTG: 42.2 BB
      MP: 102.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:club:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 4 BB, CO calls 4 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 12 BB

Flop: (38.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 4:club: 5:spade:
      CO bets 26 BB, Hero calls 26 BB

Turn: (90.5 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      CO bets 63 BB and is all-in, Hero ????
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I would just push the Flop, he is already committing himself, and I think we have value vs his range.

In my opinion he will get it in preflop with AA/KK/AK a lot of the time, even QQ as well. So he reps a lot of 99/TT/77/66, he may have some sets but he also can have a ton of junk and air.

Also, would like to point out that so many Turn cards are bad for you. Any 7/6/A/K/Q are bad which is like 40% of the deck, if I include clubs that's more than half the deck. And we also have value, and there's so much dead money in the pot that I think you must push here.

As played, The king doesn't change that much so I will call.