[NL20-NL50] [NL50] AQo

• ains21

Villain is 25/21/8.2 agg reg (2.2k hands) who seems to barrel kind of often and is a winning NL100 reg (guess he plays for the bonus @FF, since there is no FFNL100). BB is nit-fish who has 0 3b/SQ over 100 or so hands.

OR BU: 54
      Fold to 3b: 65
      Fold to 3b (BUvsSB): 73
      4b: 10

C-bet flop: 63
      C-bet turn: 59
      C-bet river: 45

WTSD: 27
      W$SD: 49
      AggFq: 44/32/18

Pre-flop: Do you think 3b is better or worse than flatting here? I think both are OK, but lean towards flatting since BB so weak and villain tends to 4b/fold more than he flat calls, as well as barrel fairly often in single raised pots (= good for us).

(I think flop/turn kind of std. vs. this guy)

River: When he bets river I think he has me beat here most times since this board really hits my perceived range (IMO), and I think his range is far more value than bluff. What do you think about c/ring here? We block a Q and could play JQcc/JQhh/JQss this way. I think we can expect him to fold his 2p here ... maybe he even folds 77 but I'm not sure.

Problem: we don't often have JQo here since we probably 3b this, so we rep kind of thin. Also I think we often raise turn too, but maybe not against this guy. Not sure if villain thinks about this kind of thing.

Thanks guys.

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $65.14 (130.3 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $64.10 (128.2 bb)
      MP: $91.69 (183.4 bb)
      UTG: $41.66 (83.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $116.80 (233.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($2.50) A 7 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.78, Hero calls $1.78

Turn: ($6.06) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.32, Hero calls $4.32

River: ($14.70) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $10.47, Hero raises to $29.50
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: 3betting here for sure. SB is just not a good position to call from. 73% is not that bad, given that BU ranges tend to be pretty wide. Flatting here may be ok if you think BB squeezes a lot then we can backraise. But if BB likes to call and come along I don't like it so much, our hand plays poorly multiway.

River: I am definitely calling here. I don't think we are beat all the time, and we pretty much have the best bluff catcher here in our range. Sometimes he occasionally overplays AJ, I think he could value bet 3 streets with AQ himself too (at least I would, given that you cannot really have AK and AQ after flatting preflop).

What do you think he really reps here? His range is polarized, mostly with hands that beat you (2pairs, straights) or air. Shoving here is not good cos he is probably not folding any of those better hands IMO, maybe you get to fold some weaker 2 pairs but that's about it.