This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom J5s River Bluff

• adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      vs Uknknown

My thoughts process:
      FLOP - a lot of the times I CB that board, this time decided not to cuz he might not give me any credit when CBtting from the BTN
      TURN - Delayed Donk on that board just looked 100% fishy to me. He is never just checking on the Flop any value hands. Would he pot control any marginal hands? I doubt it. He must have total air, very low pocket pair or 1 carded FD :heart: or that QJ once in a million years :f_cool:
      My plan is to Call the Turn and Bluff him off if there is no :heart: and he does not bet on the River

Can I do that in this spot in the long run?
      I didn't really think of reliably repping anything, I just tought he's got nothing heh

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $26.75 (107 bb)
      SB: $13.90 (55.6 bb)
      BB: $91.34 (365.4 bb)
      UTG: $24.51 (98 bb)
      MP: $15.10 (60.4 bb)
      CO: $25.80 (103.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J 5
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB calls $0.52, BB folds

Flop: ($1.49) 8 K A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.49) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.49) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB folds

Results:
      $3.49 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 8 K A T 6
      Hero mucked J 5 and won $3.33 ($1.71 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$1.62 net)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: on mono flops I am usually giving up without the suit or any pair. I would often check stuff like QhQx or A6o here as well, so I would prefer going for a delayed cbet with many bluffs.

Turn: This is spew. Just fold here. You should just bluff the Flop if you want to bluff, instead of pulling off a fancy float. Even raising the Turn is much better.

Thanks.