question about bm

• ntoulapas
      Hi, i've been playing online poker for one and a half year, basically mtts. i woudnnt say that im playing full time, around 3times a week. however, im planning to put more volume to my game for at least a good period of time (3-4 months). so i would like to hear your advice on my question.

im planning to play more tournaments in a single day that i was used to.(usually i was playing 10-13 tourneys per day and now my aim is 25-35). Therefore im risking more money in a session. does this affect my bankroll or is the same thing? it might be helpful to inform you that the bm that i follow is 250 buy-ins.
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, ntoulapas

Good question for a first post!

If you have a look at the article MTT Bankroll Management

You can see that the recommended bankroll is 100 buy-ins.

You have 250 buy-ins, and are playing max 35 MTTs per day.

At the worst case, you lose 34 or them, you are still in limits for the 35th, so I would say, yeah -- go for it!

It sounds like you already know the basics.

I would recommend you take the quiz, or sign up with one of the affiliated poker rooms. By doing so you become a bronze member, which unlocks much more strategy content.

You may also want to take advantage of one of the free poker offers available.

Welcome aboard!
    • Asaban
      Hey ntoulapas and welcome to the mtt strategy forum,

I would be happy to see more of your posts in the future!

It's good to hear some people are actually caring about BRM.
      Your bankroll management is perfect imo!

The 100 Buyins the article suggests are outdated and not valid any more imo. 250 is perfectly fine. Personally I even prefer 400 buyins for major stars tournaments because of the enormous variance.

As for your question:
      The number of tournaments or the price of your total session does not influence your bankroll management. It might make sense to be a bit more conservative when you add a lots of tables, because you may loose a few % of your edge and therefore the variance might get a big bigger. But overall I don't think that more tables should have a big impact on your BRM.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!