$26.35
      BB:
      $27.38
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $29.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 7.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75, BB raises to $4.00, BU folds, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($8.5) 3, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.80, Hero calls $4.80.

Turn: ($18.1) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($18.1) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $18.00, Hero calls $17.55.

Final Pot: $53.65.

thinking process:
      - preflop - I stealed quite a lot from this guy, so his 3bet had for me quite a wide range 66+, KQ+, and this guy had quite loose preflop and 3b stats
      - flop - float as a bluff catcher
      - turn - check for pot control, and bluff induce
      - river - bet itself looks like a bluf, i think that 99+ hands he would bet on the turn for protection, and full house i think he would bet snaller to get value

What do you think.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Calling here is not a good option IMO, unless he makes a really small 4bet. With this type of 4bet size we should either fold (vs most people) or jam (vs someone who cold 4bets a lot). What's your image? I don't expect people to go crazy and cold 4bet a lot against you unless you have something like a 17%+ 3betting range in SB vs this BU, or unless you have a super high fold to 4B of 70%

I'm not exactly sure what your dynamic is vs him, but IMO even if he fights back a lot, I don't think people know how to cold 4bet as a bluff in NL25 FR games. Maybe I'm wrong though, I have not played NL25 FR in a long time, or maybe this guy is an exception.

Your playability is very poor and your pot odds aren't that good either. If you call here you should have some rough idea of what you want to do.

Postflop: Honestly he could have something, he could have a bluff. Bet check bet lines from regs are usually value lines, fishes are more likely to take such lines as bluffs.

I think your hand is face up as some sort of middle pair here so you should know that your hand is only a bluff catcher. We probably don't have JJ-AA after calling the 4bet cos we would have 5bet ourselves.

I honestly think he should just shove his entire range on the turn (or at least stuff like AQ/AK, and all overpairs). But I do think it's possible that he takes this line with overpairs, since there is no need to bet the turn to build the pot with only a pot size bet left on the River. Since 77 is at the bottom of your range i would fold here. Maybe you can consider calling TT or 99 (but then again I would jam those preflop probably if there's a more aggro dynamic)

Thanks.