cozacu (UTG) ($11.21) 112bb
      UTG+1 ($14.40) 144bb
      CO ($5.32) 53bb
      BTN ($5.80) 58bb
      SB ($11.45) 115bb
      BB ($13.08) 131bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is UTG 10:diamond: A:diamond:
      cozacu raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: A:heart: 2:diamond: 9:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu bets $0.60, SB raises to $1.65, cozacu raises to $3.60, SB calls $1.95

Turn: 5:spade: ($6.40, 2 players)
      SB goes all-in $7.45, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $13.85

villain37/21 af 1.6 cbet 52 ftcbet 33 wtsd 32

PF = ATs it's close to the bottom of my range here from UTG,, I won't open ATo.

Flop= I cbet and after his x/raise I though that just calling it's a waste of value... I re`raise here with the intend of calling off a shove (I consider to have plenty of equaty here especially if he`s got some draws in there too)

Turn =instant shove. I need @33% eq and I feel like I just don't have it, regarding his stats I feel like I`m behind here often vs AK,AQ,set or two pair... my only question here was: Why didn't he simply shove it in on flop with those hands?That was a bit odd... I simply though that he was affraid to see a 3rd card for a flush on turn, and that`s why he decided to just call flop, shove turn.

What do you think of the way I played the hand?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I don't think raising here is a good idea, unless you think he will shove some draws himself which you are completely crushing.

I would assume that this guy is raising a more polarized range, so he either have sets which dominate our pair + draw, 2 pairs which is flipping against us, AX with a higher kicker which is also flipping, or some air which he just folds.

I think we can play better by calling especially when we have position here. call and we can call the Turn, and decide on river whether we are good or not. If he shoves on a flush card, great for us. He could have some flush draws himself and by reraising here, we are forcing him to fold those hands.

Turn: I don't like reraising here, then folding to this donk bet. What is he truly repping here? It's either 34s, A5 (would he c/r A5 on the Flop?), or 5dXd which we are crushing. Don't think we can fold.