NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.08)
      BB ($42.90)
      UTG ($21.43)
      Hero ($22.37)
      CO ($17.23)
      BTN ($27.61) (TAG 21/18)

Dealt to Hero J:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, BTN raises to $1.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($3.10) A:diamond: J:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $1.70, BTN calls $1.70

TURN ($6.50) A:diamond: J:diamond: 7:diamond: T:spade:

Hero bets $2.90, BTN raises to $24.51 (AI), Hero ???

Preflop: He had 16% 3bet on BTN, so i think that is ok if i defend here. Of course i can also 4bet, but here i just call.

Flop: His cbet was only 48% and because is very drawy board, i didn't want to give him free card, so i donk bet. On turn i was pretty lost. I should probably bet a lot more. What is the best line here?
  • 4 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Bet bigger on the turn, because you can induce him with this small bet sometimes, and it's a bet/fold. Don't think AT or JT would raise here unless he is a fish. His valuerange is AA/JJ/TT/AJ/KQ and flushes, maybe have some bluffs with K:dXx, or Q:dXx, but sometimes he raise with them on the flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

c/r is to me better option, since players would cbet AJx spots and they would usually go their AQ/AK putting you on flushdraw.
      That would also gives you shove any turn besides flushses

As played:
      your flop bet and turn bet was so small that I would prefer calling his shove. I think you should see also AxKd or AxQd or maybe even AT as often as KdQx or KxQd

If you would bet bigger on the flop and turn then you should be pot committed and can´t really fold.

best regards,
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      We are narrowing his range too much with a check/raise don't you think? He won't be bet/calling flop, so, against his broke range we run like this:

Board: A:diamond: J:diamond: 7:diamond:
             Equity Win Split
      MP        46.32%  37.66%     8.66% { AcJc }
      BTN        53.68%  45.02%     8.66% { AA, JJ, 7s7c, AJs, AdKd, AdQd, KdQd, KdJd, QdJd, KdTd, QdTd, AJo, AhKd, AsKd, AcKd, AhQd, AsQd, AcQd, KdQh, KdQs, KdQc, KhQd, KsQd, KcQd, KdJh, KdJs, KdJc, QdJh, QdJs, QdJc }

It's probably okay with the dead money, and maybe I missed something, and we could get better equity, but this doesn't seem to me the best play. If we check/raise we isolate ourselves against a strong range, but by donking we can get calls from a lot worse hands, and maybe induce some spew with weak draws, who knows. Seems much more +EV to me.

@ turn play, why would AxKd, or AxQd raise here? Makes no sense, unless he is a fish.

His turn range looks like this

Board: A:diamond: J:diamond: 7:diamond:  T:spade:
             Equity Win Split
      MP        21.29%  21.29%     0.00% { AcJc }
      BTN       78.71%  78.71%     0.00% { AA, JJ-TT, 7s7c, KdQd, KdTd, QdTd, KdQh, KdQs, KdQc, KhQd, KsQd, KcQd, KdTh, KdTs, KdTc, QdTh, QdTs, QdTc }

I put in it some semi bluff hands like KdTx, and QdTx, but still we are crushed.

Even if we put AxKd, or AxQd in it, we are way behind:

Board: A:diamond: J:diamond: 7:diamond:  T:spade:
             Equity Win Split
      MP        29.05%  29.05%     0.00% { AcJc }
      BTN        70.95%  70.95%     0.00% { AA, JJ-TT, 7s7c, AdKd, AdQd, KdQd, KdTd, QdTd, AhKd, AsKd, AcKd, AhQd, AsQd, AcQd, KdQh, KdQs, KdQc, KhQd, KsQd, KcQd, KdTh, KdTs, KdTc, QdTh, QdTs, QdTc }
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      in 3bet pot all- in ranges are a lot wider than single raised pot.
      Some players would never b/f there AK/AQ (even without flushdraw), also we can an extra bet from air that would likely fold our lead
      Also he would likely raise flop his sets+ sometimes flushes, but if you don´t see him really getting allin with worse hands, then b/f turn is fine.
      Just consider bet sizes I think we will see there enough times worse hands to b/c