Stacks:
      UTG ($10) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($10.27) 103bb
      cozacu (CO) ($10.40) 104bb
      BTN ($10.02) 100bb
      SB ($10.25) 103bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is CO Q:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, cozacu raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.90, 1 fold, cozacu calls $0.60

Flop: K:club: 5:spade: 7:spade: ($1.60, 2 players)
      SB bets $1.40, cozacu calls $1.40

Turn: 6:diamond: ($4.40, 2 players)
      SB bets $3.15, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $7.55

SB wins $7.62 (net +$2.17)

cozacu lost $2

villain unknown (regish)

Here villain is unknown (anonymous table) but from what I recall he had a regish image nothing too crazy...

PF= calling a 3bet IP with KQo seems ok.

Flop = his cbet size is large(regarding is a 3bet pot), I saw no point in raising here. Folding won't make sense.

Turn = here his bet is large again a straight came in and there are a ton of draws, I felt like I`m way behind here and with no additional info on villain it would be really -ev to continue. I also took into considerations that if I call turn, I`ll have to call river (I did`t likethat ideea).

Was this miss played? Am I missing something?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF: I don't think calling KQo without reads in CO vs SB is a good idea. It could be standard at higher limits but my guess is that the level of aggression at NL10 on average is not high enough to justify such a call. I would say that your opponent's 3bet range should be around 9-10% at the very least in order to justify calling here. If it's 6-7% I think your opponent's range will be way too nutted. Calling in BU vs SB could make more sense, 3bet ranges tend to be wider.

As such, I recommend 4betting this as a bluff without reads.

Flop: Honestly if you want to call KQ preflop you cannot fold at any point in time unless river is really ugly (4 straight, maybe completing spade flush, or the Ace). Unless you are really sure that he only bluffs Flop and Turn and never bluffs River (would require huge read or stats on barreling frequencies with very high sample size).

I think you are over-reading into the bet size here. And all your problems stemmed from the preflop decision, which could have been avoided if you 4bet or just fold immediately.

Thanks.