This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQ, squeezed pot oop, tptk 3flush board

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I have squeezed KQ as bluff. What should I do on the postflop?
      25/19, 110h, pfr mp 30% of 20 samples, 8-table regular, no history

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($34.07)
      Hero ($60.43)
      UTG ($25.35)
      CO ($33.28)
      BTN ($24.90)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:heart:

UTG raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, fold, Hero raises to $4.25, UTG calls $3.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($10.10) T:spade: Q:spade: 6:spade:

Hero bets $5.50, UTG calls $5.50

TURN ($21.10) T:spade: Q:spade: 6:spade: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $8.25, Hero raises to $45, UTG calls $7.35 (AI)

RIVER ($52.30) T:spade: Q:spade: 6:spade: 5:diamond: 7:club:
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

What do u think his pf callig range is? What do u think his flop calling range is? What do u think he bets the turn with?
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      I have thought about that hand. I think ai on the turn is a huge mistake vs such bet. All draws and bluffs will push here.
      Cbet is good here for balance, I think we will meet him later many times.
      And also I know nothing about his range, so it is a huge mistake to bluff on preflop and after call play that hand as value on postflop.

Right now the main question for me is there any difference between if I had a spade on the turn and if not.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop: Your squeeze size is very big. I think his range here is strong, mostly AQ and mid pocket pairs

Flop: If you bet here, do you think you can get value here? Are you ahead of villain's calling range? You can try using equilab to see how you are faring against a typical calling range. Maybe he calls some PPs with a spade, AQ and sets. My guess is that you are not a favourite.

Thus I would recommend c/c instead to keep his range wider.

Turn: I think you must decide now whether to push or fold. You are essentially committed and playability is bad on so many rivers, and it doesn't make sense to c/c the Turn and then fold on a spade when there is only 7 left in the pot and you are getting like 15% pot odds but cannot really call.

Can we push Turn for value now? I don't think so, I even mentioned earlier that I doubt we have value on the Flop. So I would c/c F c/c T.