Defending blinds with a call

• Tosh5457
      Hi, I've been defending my blinds with a 3bet, but I've been seeing some people just calling with hands like KJ, KQ, AJ, etc, instead of doing a 3bet. I understand because with just a call we can still get the attacker's cbet money if we hit the flop, but if we don't we have to fold. So what's the best approach? 3betting or calling?
  • 2 replies
    • Grimzor
      Calling doesnt show defending factor well imo. Its more like you called because you got odds and some good hand for given odds. Raising shows that you mean business and wont let yourself be walked over. If you call all his raises then i guess it gives the right impression but raising is better in my opinion as it also allows you to take down hand right there, preflop.

Dont know if its good way of defending blinds but once in NL25 i had opponent who defended blinds by calling and donk overbetting pot right away as he was first to act. Damn annoying... It worked for him then as i raised tighter then but dont think its a good way.
    • Gonira
      3betting is way better in my oppinion too. agressive poker is winning poker. in the case given by grimzor, if you will donk in any flop, why would you give 3 free cards to the opponent? doesn't make sense. but stats and reads are very important. a 3bet is good when you're in front of the opponents range (value/protection). but against tight opponents, i just fold my KJ 99% of the time.