This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - 44: delay floating

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      25/24
      3.2 af
      68% cbet flop
      41% skip cbet and fold vs bet flop
      40% cbet turn
      55% wwsf
      34% wtsd
      12k hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $79.89 (159.8 bb)
      MP: $63.32 (126.6 bb)
      CO: $20.74 (41.5 bb)
      BTN: $28.23 (56.5 bb)
      SB: $36.73 (73.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 4
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, SB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.50, CO folds

Flop: ($4.50) 2 5 J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.50) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.75, SB calls $2.75

River: ($10) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7 ?

My idea turn was...or i bet twice or check behind down. Agree? He dont fold much on the flop when he checks, thats why i didnt bet there, even more in a board were i expect him to cbet a lot for bluff. But when he checks again on the turn i put him in some marginal holding..
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would just check down with 44 here on a blank turn. I suppose on this King turn we should be more inclined to turn our hand into a bluff here - We beat fewer hands now and when he double checks I think he is weak when you mentioned.

I think when he double checks here, he may have some sort of mid pocket pair, maybe JJ slowplaying, or a weak JX hand which wants to go for one street on the River. Betting the Turn is fine, we can try folding out some 99/88/77 type of hands. River improves TT, but now we can rep KT/AQ as well and he should be folding all those 99-77 type of hands.

I think it all boils down to how he plays 77-99 here. If he will often check F c/c T c/f R, then a bet on the T and R makes more sense. If villain plays his mid pairs differently (by betting Flop or just c/folding immediately on the Turn), then your line is not good.

In general I think without too much of an idea on how many streets to bet, I think it should be fine to just check down pocket pairs by default as they tend to have a tiny bit of showdown value vs some worse hands like Ace highs even on boards with 2 high cards.