Startinghandschart

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      About the startinghandschart. I want to know why i should fold in certain situations so it becomes easier to do it.

* Fold 99-22 in UTG (why not call and if raise comes, call 20?)
      * Then it says: If you have KQs in MP and one player called, i should call too, but if two players called. Should i fold or still call?
      * Only play 45s-T9s. Does it mean suited one gaper too, between 45-T9? and why not play suited connectors or suited one gapers below 45s too? Isn't a suited connector a suited connector?
  • 3 replies
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      And one more thing. On the "No limit beginners course - lesson 1", you get the startinghandschart, and in lesson 2, you learn about the 8 player types. But if you're gonna follow the opposite principle, you can't really playing according to the startinghandschart. It says: If your opponent is tight, loosen up. How? How do i loosen up? play T7 suited, 53s? What does it mean really?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey hvard92!

First let me say this. It's very good that you look into the beginners course! I suggest you also start a thread in the no limit beginners course section. link to beginners course forum
      If you have a thread in there you can ask all these questions and you'll get response by a coach. I'm not saying you can't ask stuff in here but thats just a private thread for you and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

Now about your questions.
      *Fold 22-99 in UTG: This is because you're going to play out of position with a low pair. What if you have an overpair with 88 or 99? are you going to check/call, donk...? It's very hard to play these hands out of position. Also it's much harder to get stacks in out of position if you DO hit your set. So basically this is to keep you 'out of trouble'
      *KQs with 1 limper: I'm not sure but if 2 players are going to limp you still have to call. In fact the more ppl call the better odds you get. But might be good to ask this in the beginners course.
      *45s-9Ts: Really can't say to much about the suited one gappers. I like to play them. I think if you take 8Ts you'll be fine as well. "Isn't a suited connector a suited connector?" Well yes it is but AKs and 23s are both suited connectors. But there still a huge difference between the two!

About the 8 player types.
      Well if you have to loosen up you'll have to play hands that aren't on the chart. This means the suited one rappers, ATs where it says you only should play AJs+ etc. When you have to tighten up you play AQs in stead of AJs.

I hope this made sense? If you have questions don't be afraid to ask them and I'll answer them as good as I can.

Regards

RasTweet
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      "I suggest you also start a thread in the no limit beginners course section. link to beginners course forum
      If you have a thread in there you can ask all these questions and you'll get response by a coach."

Yes i wasn't shure about that. I guess Beginners Questions is more like how to start out with poker. Anyways. Thanks for your time answering my questions! It helped!