DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $12.40 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 9, AF: 3,4, Hands: 237
      Hero (SB): $50.38 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 9, AF: 2,8, Hands: 132961
      BB: $25.90 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 28
      UTG: $24.77 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 5,7, Hands: 226
      MP: $34.53 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 22, 3B: 4, AF: 0,0, Hands: 60
      CO: $22.27 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 11

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Q :spade: Q :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.62, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP raises to $4, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($8.25) 5 :spade: T :diamond: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($17.25) A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: ($17.25) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

The guy had A :diamond: 7 :diamond:

Question 1: Given that we are more than 100 deep I prefer to include more combos of QQ in my 3bet/call range. Is that ok, or given that I am Oop I should be more inclined to fold or 5bet depending on opponent?

Question2 : Should I c/c or c/r on flop as played?

Any other comments are always welcome

Nicolas
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Q1: This deep your 3bet will induce 4bets from worse hands than QQ so you can definitley 3bet and call expecting to be ahead of his range imo. If you 5bet you usually isolate yourself against better since his 4betting range will be quite polarised imo.

Q2: I think you should treat your hand as a very strong bluffcatcher most often and try to get value from his spazzes. Don't forget he started from preflop with a polarised range that is either quite a bit ahead of QQ or quite a bit behind. This often transfers to postflop so you can't really raise just an overpair without dangerously overplaying.

Even if you hit the nuts, I would still go for a more passive approach since his range is as such that rarely pays off (not many value hands, quite a few bluffs) so most of our value comes from him betting too often with too weak of a range.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Hmm, he is really polarized. And on these turns and rivers he probably hits pair. Is it profitable to turn queens into a bluff on the river against his weak pairs with no kicker? Bet about $10.
      Actually I play almost the same as opponent with my polarised range that hits the tp. I think against me it is profitable to turn queens into a bluff here, unless I don't have AxK on the turn. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      Hmm, he is really polarized. And on these turns and rivers he probably hits pair. Is it profitable to turn queens into a bluff on the river against his weak pairs with no kicker? Bet about $10.
      Actually I play almost the same as opponent with my polarised range that hits the tp. I think against me it is profitable to turn queens into a bluff here, unless I don't have AxK on the turn. :)
      Well, his hand turns into a bluffcatcher on the turn, quite a nice one in a spot where A is a scare card so makes it a bit tougher to get value. Why would the best bluffcatcher fold to one standard bet when Hero range can definitely have hands like 99 that want to turn themselves into a bluff plus his actual value range is very narrow in this spot imo.