[NL20-NL50] K9o 3bet iso raise

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $12 (60 bb)
      BTN: $34.70 (173.5 bb)
      SB: $20.10 (100.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $59.81 (299.1 bb)
      UTG: $17.03 (85.2 bb)
      MP: $21.22 (106.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 9
      3 folds, BTN calls $0.20, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.60, BTN folds, SB calls $1.70

Flop: ($5.40) 5 J 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB folds

cant remember stats, i know BTN was loose passive, BTN was tag looking. SB is most likely trying to isolate+build pot V passive guy. When I 3bet here, plan is to just pick up the dead money. We have blockers and i think SB is only going to continue with a pretty nutted range.

When he calls, I think he will have PPs and strong Aces, AQ+. as i think his value range just gets it in pre.

cbet is pretty small but i think i still look very strong and have lots of FE. hes just going to fold all his pps that didnt set and all his Axs.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think you meant SB was TAG looking, not BU since he limped and you said he was loose passive in the previous statement. :D

I like your preflop play, I think it's good hand to 3bet someone who is isolating. You should pay attention is that is his regular sizing though, maybe you can find a bet sizing tell on him.

Postflop, I think your cbet is also good. You have an over, BD flush, BD straight and the board gives him enough air to fold. Your sizing should be a bit bigger though imo, 1/2 pot will work well to leverage stacks but your sizing is interesting and it probablt still allows for 3 barrel all ins.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      haha yeah your right! typo. I wish i had the image of a loose tight passive agressive!! no ones getting reads :D

Not sure if he just clicks pot here or hes put any thought into the sizing, i probably make it this size with a weaker range i'm isolating with.

I honestly didnt think about 3 barreling, Would we 2nd barrel cards that improve our equity like Q+ T+
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      haha yeah your right! typo. I wish i had the image of a loose tight passive agressive!! no ones getting reads :D

Not sure if he just clicks pot here or hes put any thought into the sizing, i probably make it this size with a weaker range i'm isolating with.

I honestly didnt think about 3 barreling, Would we 2nd barrel cards that improve our equity like Q+ T+
      He doesn't have sets in his range apart from JJ imo so then most of his just flatting range consists of hands like Jx, TT, 99, 88. You can barrel spades for sure and probably all cards that improve your equity, probably Ace regardless of suit as well because it's more of a scarecard.