This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh JT

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok ***SPEW ALERT***

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.10 (101 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20.34 (203.4 bb)
      BB: $19.25 (192.5 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T J
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 9 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $19.34 and is all-in, BTN........

BU seemed quite tight over a small ish sample, seemed like a somewhat thinking player. i decided to 3bet bluff preflop because calling OOP with JTo is bad and i can't hope for much. i really wasn't expecting the call... so then i hit an okay flop. i think cbetting is fine... i wasn't expecting a raise. however, i don't think he flats QQ+ pre, i don't think he raises AQ postflop because it would be turning it into a bluff... and im not that scared of pocket 99 although he can have them. i decided to ship over because i think given all of the above i might have some FE. how spewy is this?

ty
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop there are some better hands to 3bet here than JTo.

As played, I like your flop play if you are confident that he doesn't raise Qx here. I think like that so, also he can hardly have any FD's since we have the Jh and the Qh is on the flop, so he is left with just a few FD combos. He could have 99 but there is quite a good chance that he does not raise it as well.

So overall, I would ship here as well and make a note if he calls.

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop there are some better hands to 3bet here than JTo.

As played, I like your flop play if you are confident that he doesn't raise Qx here. I think like that so, also he can hardly have any FD's since we have the Jh and the Qh is on the flop, so he is left with just a few FD combos. He could have 99 but there is quite a good chance that he does not raise it as well.

So overall, I would ship here as well and make a note if he calls.

Best,
      Plamen
      really didnt expect to get called but he snapped with K :heart: 3 :heart: so i definitely noted it. i obv hit ott :f_biggrin:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i meant to ask, what is your range for shipping in this spot given the (limited) "info" i have on him? assuming we get to the flop with a range like this:

JJ+, AQ+, A2s-A5s, 76s-T9s, K9s, K8s

3bet pots are something i suck at and for me to ship just a OESD here is pretty damn unusual.. don't think i've ever done it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      This is a bet/fold for me. I think he is usually raising nut flushes and K high flushes here.

You should note his raise size. I think he is going with his hand 80% of the time, and is rarely bluffing. If he makes it smaller, like 2.50, then I think shipping here is more reasonable if we think we have fold equity and if he has a wider flop raising range in 3b pots.