[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh JT

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ok ***SPEW ALERT***

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.10 (101 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20.34 (203.4 bb)
      BB: $19.25 (192.5 bb)
      MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T J
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, BTN calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 9 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $19.34 and is all-in, BTN........

BU seemed quite tight over a small ish sample, seemed like a somewhat thinking player. i decided to 3bet bluff preflop because calling OOP with JTo is bad and i can't hope for much. i really wasn't expecting the call... so then i hit an okay flop. i think cbetting is fine... i wasn't expecting a raise. however, i don't think he flats QQ+ pre, i don't think he raises AQ postflop because it would be turning it into a bluff... and im not that scared of pocket 99 although he can have them. i decided to ship over because i think given all of the above i might have some FE. how spewy is this?

ty
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop there are some better hands to 3bet here than JTo.

As played, I like your flop play if you are confident that he doesn't raise Qx here. I think like that so, also he can hardly have any FD's since we have the Jh and the Qh is on the flop, so he is left with just a few FD combos. He could have 99 but there is quite a good chance that he does not raise it as well.

So overall, I would ship here as well and make a note if he calls.

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop there are some better hands to 3bet here than JTo.

As played, I like your flop play if you are confident that he doesn't raise Qx here. I think like that so, also he can hardly have any FD's since we have the Jh and the Qh is on the flop, so he is left with just a few FD combos. He could have 99 but there is quite a good chance that he does not raise it as well.

So overall, I would ship here as well and make a note if he calls.

Best,
      Plamen
      really didnt expect to get called but he snapped with K :heart: 3 :heart: so i definitely noted it. i obv hit ott :f_biggrin:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i meant to ask, what is your range for shipping in this spot given the (limited) "info" i have on him? assuming we get to the flop with a range like this:

JJ+, AQ+, A2s-A5s, 76s-T9s, K9s, K8s

3bet pots are something i suck at and for me to ship just a OESD here is pretty damn unusual.. don't think i've ever done it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      This is a bet/fold for me. I think he is usually raising nut flushes and K high flushes here.

You should note his raise size. I think he is going with his hand 80% of the time, and is rarely bluffing. If he makes it smaller, like 2.50, then I think shipping here is more reasonable if we think we have fold equity and if he has a wider flop raising range in 3b pots.