[NL20-NL50] AKo raise flop

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 73.2 BB (VPIP: 27.14, PFR: 18.00, 3Bet Preflop: 2.63, Hands: 3,327)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.92, PFR: 17.08, 3Bet Preflop: 4.29, Hands: 1,231)
      CO: 100.7 BB (VPIP: 19.35, PFR: 9.33, 3Bet Preflop: 1.92, Hands: 887)
      Hero (BTN): 157.62 BB
      SB: 101 BB (VPIP: 20.95, PFR: 17.85, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 2,028)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: 7:diamond: K:spade:
      UTG bets 5 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, UTG raises to 21 BB, Hero calls 9 BB

Turn: (49.5 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG bets 34 BB, Hero calls 34 BB

River: (117.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      UTG bets 42 BB, Hero calls 42 BB

UTG shows J:diamond: J:spade: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 57%, Flop 13%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows A:heart: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 43%, Flop 87%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 195.5 BB

He opens utg 17%, folds 73% so I flat IP to keep his Ax. Another argument is that once I semi bluffed raised him with fd and he called flop and check shove turn, and another time again and he 3betted flop. So I wanted to do it again if I hit with AK.

Is it ok to call his 3bet and include spews in his range? I was not too much happy with his min 3bet flop and then stacking off, but I guess i had to call it down when I induced him with min raise flop with intention.

Is it ok in future to again raise him with TPTK since he obviously puts me on air?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Definitely agree with flatting preflop. Flop raise is dependent on player but a 17% range contains jj qq kq kjs kts so i think u can go for some thin value. The thing is that people are usually polarized here so i think u are not going to be given credit for having a king here which is great.

Ill look at his fold cbet fo raise stat. If its <40% he would be a good candidate for making this play.

Thanks
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Definitely agree with flatting preflop. Flop raise is dependent on player but a 17% range contains jj qq kq kjs kts so i think u can go for some thin value. The thing is that people are usually polarized here so i think u are not going to be given credit for having a king here which is great.

Ill look at his fold cbet fo raise stat. If its <40% he would be a good candidate for making this play.

Thanks

He folds 1/5 times on flop raises, I am not sure if this is enough info, especially that I dont know the hands which he had when he was raised, but probably it tells me that he doesnt like folding.
      So is it ok in general to raise people with TPTK on Q+ high boards, who fold to raise flop <40% and bet turn shove river? And versus people who fold > 70% to raise them more often as bluff to get more action with nuts?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It depends on whether u think he calls down enough ( and do u have some bluffs too?), as well as his preflop range. I think it would be a terriblw idea to make such a play vs a 10% utg range.

High wtsd would also help.

Him folding one out of five time makes your play pretty good here imo.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

It depends on whether u think he calls down enough ( and do u have some bluffs too?), as well as his preflop range. I think it would be a terriblw idea to make such a play vs a 10% utg range.

High wtsd would also help.

Him folding one out of five time makes your play pretty good here imo.

I raise with nuts, or with fd, oesd and occasionally with gutshots. Sometimes also on low card boards where my range hits well and his not if he cbets >80% flop.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Honestly I think this board is pretty dry so I actually prefer calling 100% of my range here as a default against most opponents. It would make more sense to raise on a board like K87s, where you can also rep a bunch of straight draws and get lighter call downs. When you raise here you either rep pure air or flush draws.

But hey, if you think you can rep nothing and allow him to spazz, why not?