This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKs doh

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      villain unknown

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.76) 108bb
      cozacu (UTG+1) ($22.64) 226bb
      CO ($11.18) 112bb
      BTN ($14.20) 142bb
      SB ($12.89) 129bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) cozacu is UTG+1 A:heart: K:heart:
      1 fold, cozacu raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.10, cozacu calls $0.80, BTN calls $0.80

Flop: 8:heart: 2:heart: J:spade: ($2.75, 3 players)
      BB checks, cozacu checks, BTN bets $2, BB folds, cozacu calls $2

Turn: 9:diamond: ($6.75, 2 players)
      cozacu checks, BTN bets $3.75, cozacu folds

Final Pot: $10.50

BTN wins $10.74 (net +$4.19)

cozacu lost $2.80
      BB lost $1.10

PF = Should I have gone with a re`raise vs BB` s sq so I simplify stuff?

Flop= I though if I bet out here and I get raised it won't pretty and I would rather go for the free card regarding that the hand is multiway and it's quite big allready. I`m not sure if a check/raise would have been good here or not... maybe if villain is going to get broke here with AJ,KJ witch I doubt it would be the case.

Turn= a straingt is out there too now. I don't think a K or A would help so I basicly have 9 clean outs. I consier making the call here just to chase a flush (18% eq, I got a bad price) a bad decision.

What do you think about how the overall hand was played.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Coazacu,

Useful to have stats - sometimes folding AKs pf is good here. With no info calling is ok. I prefer calling to 4betting. The downside is that BTN may tag along, but I don't think you get value from worse often enough 4betting in this spot.

You have to call the flop given your implieds + direct odds. I don't like raising because BTN is often strong betting into 2 players, and I don't think you have any fold equity.

If you knew BTN would barrel turn light here you could probably just shove. I think probably he just has a set though. Shoving will only be profitable if you have fold equity, and presumably you don't. So, postflop play is fine.