This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 77 turned into bluff nl 25 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $25.00
      Hero (BB): $36.22
      UTG: $57.67
      MP: $35.96
      CO: $8.22
      BTN: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 7:diamond: 7:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) 5:heart: 8:diamond: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($1.60, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

River: ($3.60, 2 players) 9:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.25, Hero raises to $8.00, fold
      Villain same as in last exemple
      24/19 low ag f-1.1 wtsd 22%,w&sd 71%, cbet 48%
      I think when he check this board on flop he is never to strong and his range is caped. Unless his hit set of TT( but i think he woul cbet TT) i think i can bluff raise river . what do you think about this spot is it good to bluff or maybe i have show down velue and its better to call?
  • 4 replies
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Turn bet is okay I think, mostly for protection. After he called, his range builds up from 2 parts: SD hands, like Tx, 8x, 99, and draws (not sure if he cbets them, because his cbet frequency is quite low).
      So, against this range, it's pointless to check/raise on the river. I don't think you can make Tx hands fold, and he wouldn't bet his weaker SD hands. So you don't make better hands fold. If he had a draw, you beat that with a call anyway, but I'd just check/fold with this 4th pair.
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Well i am not sure , first this board hits my calling range hard second i would play sets and streiths same way and his low wtsd suggests that he might fold Tx hand and i dont think calling Tx in this spot is very profitable i would fold to .
    • DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Would you check a set on the river vs a passive guy to let him bluff/vbet thin? Also, if he has Tx here, that mostly will be AT that I doubt he will fold. Usually it's a bad idea to make fold TPTK type hands, because ppl way more often make bad calls, than bad folds.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I prefer check call to checkraise here unless u are very sure that he folds tx here. 2 flush draws missed and u are repping a lot of air here.