hm2 crash when copy hand

• SPeedFANat1c

for me it almost always crashes when I try to copy hand in hand viever so I could post to forum.

Wrote in hm forum as well, but nobody is responding.

Tried restarting pc, then it worked and I was already enjoying, but not for long time. Now again I cannot copy a simple hand :(

Send the error reports to them.

Vieved the report and from the errors its something with clipboard:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800401D0): OpenClipboard Failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800401D0 (CLIPBRD_E_CANT_OPEN))

Has anyone had such problem? People copy hands so this should be noticed after so long time when hm2 has been released.
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I had that only once and that was a long time ago.

Are you running the more recent release?

I'm surprised that they didn't get back to you.

When you email them, send FROM the email address registered with them, and send TO this:

If this happened to day, be patient, today is a holiday across North America -- and Monday is also, for some.

When you email them, you receive a response asking you to check the following:

You might as well check them while you're waiting:
      1) Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator.

2) Please turn off UAC.

3) You'll need to add:
      - hmupdate.exe (only exists during update)
      - holdemmanager.exe
      - hudfuncapps.exe
      - postgres and pg_ctl, your poker client .exe
      - table ninja.exe
      - and notecaddy.contents.dll from the modules folder in holdemmanager's program files folder (you might have to type in the names in some firewalls, they do not show)

to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus.

4) Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

5) You need to make sure that this folder*, as well as c:\programfiles\holdemmanager2, c:\hm2archive, c:\hmarchive and your site's hand history folder are each not read only** and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. ***

8/7/Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

If you have any trouble with any of the steps, let us know...

Best of luck,
    • SPeedFANat1c
      Got the email, was forgot that they can email me, and was waiting for forum response at their forum. Later in the forum they also responded. So followed those steps and currently I was able to copy.