This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 33

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      BU stats 29/21 AF:2 after 24 hands.

I am very concerned about cbetting on such boards with low pp's, especially oop. My opponents seems to be calling a lot versus my cbets on paired boards. I can barrel overcards on the turn, but what if overcards don't come and I'm vs almost unknown player? So in a lot of cases I'm finding myself just giving up on the turn. Maybe I should just give it up on such boards more, especially vs loose opponents?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.50
      UTG2:
      $12.21
      MP1:
      $9.71
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.75
      MP3:
      $3.41
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $4.64
      SB:
      $9.60

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3, 3.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) J, 9, J (2 players)
      Hero ???
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think its close, if this board is not rainbow i would just fold. More inclined to turn 22/33/44into a bluff here and check 88/77 cos these higher pairs have more showdown value bs the lower pairs.

Would also look at fold to flop cbet %, definitely cbetting here vs someone w a fold to flop cbet of 50%+
      Thanks.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Would also look at fold to flop cbet %, definitely cbetting here vs someone w a fold to flop cbet of 50%+
      Thanks.
      He have 24 hands.
      - how many cases do you consider reliable? "50%+"
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      That's kind of low.

Not talking about overall sample, but with regards to the stat sample, I think knowing that someone folds 3 out of 6 Flops vs a cbet is kind of sufficient to draw some conclusions. It won't be that accurate but it's probably good enough to help decide on such closer spots.