Locito

• Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      Hello,

I was wondering if this course might be usefull for me, I played a lot of poker previously, like for 2 years 10.000+ hands a month and at that time I sort of grinded myself up to the NL50 limit. Only there I lost my motivation since it really got though there and I just had difficulties to keep studying new pokermaterial as I just wanted to play. Also some bad beats were quite tilting, never forget first time I got my bankroll over $1.000 and lost an 150$ pot pre-flop all-in with AA vs AK and KK (K on flop). So well I cashed out and did not play anymore.
      After 2 years I am motivated again to pick it up but I was wondering if this has any use or if I should just start do the advanced learning path thingie, btw it would really help if you also had some sort of ''homework'' there since I need that :P .
      I am currently playing the NL 4 beginner tables (+15 bb/100 in around 4000 hands) and will soon start on the NL10 as my bankroll allows me to. I play usually 4 tables shorthanded.
      Any advice how to increase my skills, just start here with this course? Just read some articles/watch videos on my own? having difficulties to find out where to pick the studying up again.

thnx in advance,
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Locito,

Welcome to the course.

We have lessons and homeworks associated with them.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      Homework Week 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I like the tactical aspects of the game, the leveling and trying to be better than other people. Furthermore I love the aspects of playing for money, the fact that being a good player will make you money is certainly something that keeps me interested in this game, and as I do not believe in luck or stuff like that I am convinced that I can be a winning player.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      being over confident, being disappointed if I have a loosing session, being to lazy to study. I always want to play instead of studying theory and improving the game, especially since I know the basics and maybe even a little bit more.
      Besides that I should not play poker when using alcohol and weed (esp the first one is deadly).
      To much focused on the money, when playing I use to check every 10 min how I am doing in $ when playing a session and I think this is not mattering at this point.
      I really HATE playing OOP and I prob also suck at it :p. Not wanting to give up, not in a calling way but more that it happens often that I end a session with 100% C-bet :P

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Basically playing a limited amount of hands but on a aggressive way. Like this you have the initiative in most hands you play and you determine what happens.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Locito,

Congrats, first homework is officially completed.

Re Q2:

It seems like you have a fair idea about what some of your problems are. What do you plan on doing to fix them? For example, not playing after drinking (or smoking)?

Best regards,

Bogdan