Smoothwalker

• smoothwalker
      smoothwalker
      Bronze
      Hi Coaches!

I started playing sit and go's recently but thought it would be best to start with this beginner's course first since I don't have that much experience with poker. I only found out what a tilt was a couple of weeks ago! :f_eek:

I look forward to learning much about poker on this course and from you guys!
  • 2 replies
    • smoothwalker
      smoothwalker
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

My main motivation for playing poker is to be able to make a living from it. I could achieve this by making at least £30-£40 a day from it. (In Us dollars this is about ($45-$60)
      When I reach this goal I would then like to compete and do well in tournaments.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I guess my main weakness at the moment is reading my opponents, what type of player they are and what their hand ranges are. I'm not really confident on what hands I should be playing with either.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

By playing tight aggressive you are not playing many hands but when you do play you are betting and raising a lot. You will only play hands if they are good enough and you are in a good position on the table.

I also have a couple of questions to ask you about my answer in question 1.

What limit would I have to reach in order to make £30-£40 a day?

Is it possible to reach this limit with the information on this course or would I have to read up on more advanced tactics? (Like the information you receive on silver status)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by smoothwalker
      Hi Coaches!

I started playing sit and go's recently but thought it would be best to start with this beginner's course first since I don't have that much experience with poker. I only found out what a tilt was a couple of weeks ago! :f_eek:

I look forward to learning much about poker on this course and from you guys!
      Hello Smoothwalker,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan