What does "clear a bonus" mean?

• mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hi, guys!

I started playing on Full tilt poker. I got my $50 from PS.com

And I saw I got 120 days to clear the bonus. But I couldn't find any info what exactly means to clear the bunus.

So please explain to me. :P

Thanks in advance!
  • 4 replies
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Here you can read how to clear your bonus: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/bonus/detail/25
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello mishkagg,

Bonuses are usually cleared by playing a certain number of raked hands. For the Full Tilt bonus you need 16.7 Full Tilt Points for every dollar so to clear the $50 bonus, you need 835 Full Tilt Points.

The bonus is paid out in step of $5.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello mishkagg,

Bonuses are usually cleared by playing a certain number of raked hands. For the Full Tilt bonus you need 16.7 Full Tilt Points for every dollar so to clear the $50 bonus, you need 835 Full Tilt Points.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Oh, thanks you for the answer!

Can I ask one more question? What happens if I don't manage to get 835 Full Tilt Points in 4 months? Do I lose $50 from my account on Full tilt poker or what?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello mishkagg,

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Oh, thanks you for the answer!

Can I ask one more question? What happens if I don't manage to get 835 Full Tilt Points in 4 months? Do I lose $50 from my account on Full tilt poker or what?
      Hello mishkagg,

The starting capital you received was $50+$50 so a total of $100. You already have $50 of these on your account - and a further $50 will be released in $5 steps. You have 4 months to clear these additional $50. If you don't manage to clear the entire $50 by 4 months time you will have whatever you have managed to clear by then (and simply have missed the chance to clear the rest).

Nothing is subtracted.

Best regards
      SoyCD