[NL2-NL10] A10o against a LAG

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      ritsh4(LP) $4.59 - VP:52 PFR:0 AF:0.9 W:46|17 STL:0| 3B:0|100 CB:| 100 N:-1.01 Hands:31
      CB:100| N:-1.02 Hands:21
      Buratno(BB) $2.03 - VP:13 PFR:6 AF: W:33|100 STL:0|100 3B:0|0

Pre Flop: Me(MP2) with [T :club: ,A :heart:]
      Cyyri(UTG) folds, symosilf(MP) folds, Me(MP) raises 0.06, ritsh4(MP3) calls 0.06, Gromobix(CO) folds, FiSH947(BTN) folds, MarinaArno(SB) folds, Buratno(BB) calls 0.04

Flop: (T :diamond: ,5 :diamond: ,J :club:) (3 players)
      Buratno(BB) checks, Me(MP) bets 0.12, ritsh4(LP) calls 0.12, Buratno(BB) folds

Turn: Q :club: (2 players)
      Me(EP) checks, ritsh4(LP) bets 0.22, Me(EP) folds

Final:
      Returns 0.22 to ritsh4(LP)
      ritsh4(LP) wins 0.41
  • 7 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop we can fold this hand.

As played, I like cbetting the flop here. We can take value from draws and weaker made hands.

Turn improves his range quite a lot so check/folding is fine here in my opinion.

Best,
      Plamen
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      "Hello,

Preflop we can fold this hand."

I'm a beginner and i play according to the startinghandschart (BSS). There it says if all players fold, i should raise in middle position, and i did so.. im a little confused
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, this hand could be a raise, but since there are four people behind us left to act, and we are not likely to get called by too much worse hands, this hand is likely to put us in a lot of trouble spots postflop where we could easily lose a lot of money, so this is why I would recommend you to fold this.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      "Well, this hand could be a raise, but since there are four people behind us left to act, and we are not likely to get called by too much worse hands, this hand is likely to put us in a lot of trouble spots postflop where we could easily lose a lot of money, so this is why I would recommend you to fold this."

Are you saying that because you have lot's of experience with A10o in middle position? Should i fold A10 suited in middle position too? And what position would you have raised A10o in?
      Can i raise with Ajo in the same position? And what are you specifically meaning with "Well, this hand could be a raise".? I'm probably annyoing, but i really want to understand it all so it'll be easier to fold that hand next time.
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
    • hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well my experience with this hand is enough in my opinion.

Back in the days, I used to open it from any position. A friend of mine that plays higher stakes once asked me why do I play this, and I didn't have an exact reply to his question. I just answered something like "this is in my standard OR range, blah blah" and he then asked me why do I want to raise this.
      He gave me "homework" to think of what are the possible cons of raising ATo from MP/EP, how am I expecting to win money with this, and when I'm done to filter my ATo hands from EP and MP and see how much do I exactly win and the results weren't satisfying.

Of course, there are players that can play this hand profitably, but for now I guess that you probably have to play tighter and don't get into too marginal spots and learn how to play other spots better.

Without information, I'd start raising ATo from CO. ATs and AJ are good enough in my opinion to raise in the MP.