This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3b- & CC-Ranges vs this opponent?!

• msPokerJ
      msPokerJ
      Gold
      Hey guys, I'm not really struggling with this opponent, still I wonder whats the best way to adjust my ranges versus him.

He openraises too light in EPs (EP->SB): 24//28//37//42//46

He doesn't fold enough vs 3bets and calls alot
      Fold3Bet (EP->SB): 36//49//50//48//27
      Call3Bet (EP->SB): 55//40//40//37//55

So this would obviously lead me to 3bet him depolarized. His F2CBet stats are 50//37//54.

Now while he opens too much and doesnt fold to 3bets alot, he also cbets flops 76% and folds only 44% vs raises. He cbets Turns only 32% and then c/folds 54%.

So on the one hand I think I should 3bet all playable hands IP to punish his wide 3bet-flats, on the other hand, he's cbetting way too much and not folding alot to raises. So I might wanne call some strong hands to raise my good pairs for value on the flop!?

What kind of hands do u wanne flat vs him (if at all) and which do you wanne 3bet?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Use a 1 or 3 barrel strategy, he doesn't fold too much to the Turn barrel.

I will 3bet wide and depolarized as you said, I would add AQ, KQ, AJ to my value 3bet range, as well as 99/TT.

Basically I would just call very wide and 3bet really wide. His range is wide and weak so it's easier to apply a lot of pressure postflop. Even in single-raised pots, he has a huge imbalance (cbets too little on the Turn so we can call Flop and bluff Turn a lot)

I would call the smaller suited connectors, maybe you can 3bet some KXs and Q8s/J8s type of hands, while calling AXs and 22-88. I would not fold KJo/ATo, but I would call his open too. Depends on which position you are in though, whatever I'm saying now applies mostly to BU and maybe CO.