[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH Zoom AKo River blocker bluff?

• adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      vs Unknown

First of all I had no idea what to do with AKo vs UTG 4Bet :f_ugly:
      shove? pass? :f_mad:

FLOP: Even when he just Checked, my plan at that point was to Check/Fold anyway

TURN: But when he Checked again on quite scary board, I thought he must be weak right? Must be like AKo or something :f_cool:
      - so I bet tiny, like like I've got a set or maybe FlushDraw (?) and value betting

RIVER: after he checked again and I had A:heart: NutFlush blocker, I thought I can definitely make him pass
      - so I bet exactly his All-In, to make him think that I don't wan't to scare him off :f_biggrin:

he didn't get scared tho :megusta:

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $113.64 (227.3 bb)
      SB: $104.93 (209.9 bb)
      BB: $57.81 (115.6 bb)
      UTG: $81.03 (162.1 bb)
      MP: $160 (320 bb)
      Hero (CO): $119.69 (239.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A K
      UTG raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6, 3 folds, UTG raises to $15.50, MP folds, Hero calls $9.50

Flop: ($33.25) 2 Q 6 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($33.25) J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $12.50, UTG calls $12.50

River: ($58.25) 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $53.50, UTG calls $53.03 and is all-in

Results:
      $164.31 pot ($2.50 rake)
      Final Board: 2 Q 6 J 4
      UTG showed K K and won $161.81 ($80.78 net)
      Hero showed A K and won $0.00 (-$81.03 net)
  • 3 replies
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Due to we are deep it is a bad idea to shove preflop vs unknown. So just calling here is a pretty standart. Also vs utg it is not a bluffy situation preflop so we have to be careful postflop.
      On the postflop vs unknown I would really prefered play my cards withoun expensive bluffs.
      And I really think the flop bet is better especially we have the ace of hearts. Our flop bet is balanced with pocket aces most of the time.

Main problem on the river is you would bet the flop most of the time with flush-draw. I really don't like such bluff vs unknown utg. I think check to showdown if we have missed the flop float is much safer and better here.

PS: Don't post next time the sd and the fact utg have called the river. :-)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This spot requires a read on his cbet tendencies. I don't mind betting Flop immediately, I feel like we can fold out some AK combos from him immediately. I also don't expect KK and AA to check here, so if he check/calls he mostly has QQ and JJ here.

And I would just ship all heart Turns. On this Jack turn i would give up cos I think JJ is now improved.

Do we jam preflop? Definitely not. that is overplay given stack depth and starting positions. If you want to reraise you should make a smaller 5bet and hope he 6bet jams something like AQ here. But you need to be 5bet bluffing a ton here as well in order to justify this play

Thanks.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      thanks guys