PT graphs

• Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      What would be the suggestions for me to improve? I see that I loose money where there is no showdown. Do I play not aggressive enough or it can be other reasons for it.

Any advices by looking in play PT graph? I am tired of being break even player...
  • 11 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      win more money!
      no seriously, what strategy?
      post your stats too if u want to really find out :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      From what I've learn that isn't a very large graph.
      something like 15k was sufficient.
      Also post some stats.
      VPIP/PFR/WSD etc etc.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimothyVdp1
      win more money!
      no seriously, what strategy?
      post your stats too if u want to really find out :)
      too quick for me timothy
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze

its 7.5k hands played at NL5 and 1k at NL10

from the statistics at PT I can see that I loose most money with "one pair" hands and "high card" hands. is it normal that those hands are loosing ones? I play over pairs and TPTK more careful now but still looks like it is one of the biggest leak in my game.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      BSS SH or FR? Either way your pfr has to be 2/3 or more than your VP$IP, which is not the case. You're limping and/or calling too much preflop and not raising like you should.
    • Gonira
      Gonira
      Gold
      i definitely don't like this huge difference between pfr and vpip. it has to be something around 4 points, ideally 2. it seems like you're playing too passive pre-flop, like tosh said. if you play at 10 players tables, 20% of vpip is too much loose for these limits too. i think it's completely normal to lose more money with one pair and high card. think with me, it's kinda difficult to lose with a full house or a flush. :tongue:

anyway, your WTSD and W$SD seem to be ok, i recommend you to work at your pre-flop game first.
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      Thank you for advices. It really helpful than someone looks at stats from the side.
      I play FR games.

I really thought that my post flop game is worst than pre flop. Mainly because I have one pair hands loosing a lot of money. It looks like that everything that I win with sets, straights etc I loose with TPTK or over pairs. Maybe I overplay overpairs to much. I actually thought it is the reason why I am break even player. I started to play them very aggressive and fast so I hope it will increase the graph of winning without showdown.

My PFR decreased because I started to limp in with hands like AKo, AQo, AJo instead of raising.
      Many will start to argue that I should fold or raise it, but I think that those hands can be profitable if you hit a good cheep flop. Usually I fold AQo and AJo if I get raised from tight player.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I started to play them very aggressive and fast so I hope it will increase the graph of winning without showdown.
      Don't do that, you should focus on how to play on situations, not how to play so your stats will be good. Stats just give a general idea of how you're playing, what you should do is to focus on the hands you play, not on the stats.

And dont limp with those strong hands, always raise. First they're too strong for just limping, and second, these hands lose value on multiway pots. So by raising, you're creating value and trying to be on the flop with 1 or 2 players.

I suggest you posting hands on the forums, watching videos and go to the coachings. That's how you'll get out of break-even and keep moving on :)
    • Gonira
      Gonira
      Gold
      man, NEVER limp with this kind of hands. these hands should be played against one or two opponents, coz usually they'll only hit top pair, and top pair in a multiway pot is almost trash. if you start raising your hands more, you'll start to win more pots without a showdown too, coz being the agressor you will take a lot of small pots unimproved, doing contibets and etcetera.

agression, agression, agression. that's how you make money.
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      Don't do that, you should focus on how to play on situations, not how to play so your stats will be good.

you understood me wrong. I do not play for stats. but if stats are not good it means something is not good in the game.

but what about AQo and AJo in early possition? isn't it too weak hands to raise?
    • Gonira
      Gonira
      Gold
      yeah, they are. you shall fold them. in a tighter table, you can raise with AQ, but in a full ring, in early position, you definitely should fold AJ. like we said, these hands are strong but lose too much value in multiway pots, so it's raise or fold with them.