[NL20-NL50] KQo cold 4-bet

• gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $73.95 (369.8 bb)
      CO: $20.58 (102.9 bb)
      BTN: $26.92 (134.6 bb)
      SB: $10.99 (55 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      UTG: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $1.80, SB folds, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds

CO is 25/22 60 hands
      BTN is 27/25 50 hands 3bet btn 12%

I think BTN is 3betting light vs CO here. so we have alot of FE vs him
      Even if CO has a hand as strong as QQ I think he will be questioning its strength.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Definitely a good play to cold 4b here if BU is wide. We need to balance our value hands with some bluffs as well, if not you will never get paid off when you have AA/KK/QQ/AK here. And I usually use AQ/AJ/KQ to balance my 4betting range and add some bluffs
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Definitely a good play to cold 4b here if BU is wide. We need to balance our value hands with some bluffs as well, if not you will never get paid off when you have AA/KK/QQ/AK here. And I usually use AQ/AJ/KQ to balance my 4betting range and add some bluffs
      Do you think AK is a value hand in this spot? I don't think any of them continue with anything less than QQ+

or does it purely come down to maths when we have already put so much in the pot vs QQ+

we have 32% v QQ+ and we need... 38%

IMO 4betting AK here would be a bluff.......
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      You are not a favourite vs a pushing range with QQ/AK in many spots, but you have 40%+ equity vs QQ+/AK and you are committed after making a 4bet so you would have to call it off.

The main profit from AK here comes from the fold equity and taking down the dead money from the open raiser and the 3better (~10-12bb). As players get more aggro and start shoving AQ or some worse hands, then AK would obviously become a pure value hand here (one that is a favourite vs a pushing range).

If BU is aggro he's definitely pushing AK here. I think it's erroneous to exclude that from his 5bet range. Also, if you cold 4bet enough, your opponents will start to pick up on this fact.