fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) Q:spade: 8:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero bets $1.25, CO calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.35, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $3.00, CO calls $3.00

River: ($10.35, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero bets $3.50, CO raises to $11.41 and is all-in, fold
      Villain is 19 /12 - 3bet 3%, AGf 1.5,Wtsd 20 %
      Is my river block bet spew ( was hoping to get thin velue from AQ ,KQ type off hand ) if i block bet this river is my hand face up ( never having flush or strait)
  • 6 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Blocking bet has some sens ewhen villian have low AFq and AF on river because ou ucan induce some bluffs from him and him seeing you beting that small I would just go all in with air there knowing that u are afraid of this flush.

PS : Bet more flop !
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      Hello,

i think that we should bet bigger flop cuase he calls here only with Qx and draw so his range is not elastic vs our sizing. On turn we continue and since we bet flop bigger we can shove river for value from Qx, we should not be worried about spade cause he is really nitty so he doesnt have that many flashes in his range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dzikson,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I would cbet slightly larger on a wet board against a midstack, potentially fishier, reg.

I disagree with confidant here. He is nitty but plays 19/12 so that gap tells us that he has a pretty wide calling range and flush draws are very possible.

It really all comes down to how many combos of Qx are there versus stuff that beats us and given the bet size I think most Qx would call so y our bet/fold is fine.
    • confidant91
      confidant91
      Coach
      Coach
      bogdan: What range do you think that he flats pre? Eventhough i have noticed that his gap between pfr and vpip is big i am unable to put him on any loose range since he is nitty so i am little bit confused.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Hmm, I doubt the block bet is a good idea. The board is too danger, and all draws hit. They are in our range, the situation is not bluffy. Such wts will never call here Qx. So I think just check-fold river is much better.
      And this opp must not to bluff vs our check.

Versus fishy reg with bigger wts (or vs fish) blockbet is a better idea.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by confidant91
      bogdan: What range do you think that he flats pre? Eventhough i have noticed that his gap between pfr and vpip is big i am unable to put him on any loose range since he is nitty so i am little bit confused.
      If he were 14/12 I'd agree with you and then we'd expect to see mostly pockets and big broadways.

But a 19/12 can have anything from suited aces, to broadways, pairs and suited connectors in his preflop calling range.

If we have a big sample on him I'd be interested to see his call open in the CO.