This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ vs 3b mp vs co

• AriGold1980
      AriGold1980
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $15.94 (31.9 bb)
      Hero (MP): $80.42 (160.8 bb)
      CO: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $64.73 (129.5 bb)
      BB: $24.91 (49.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO raises to $4.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($9.75) 2 J 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero raises to $13.50

What do you think about my line ? Should I go 4b/call preflop ?
  • 4 replies
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      I think 4bet broke here is better than calling 4b because we are oop and ny cx/raise on this flop u are more likely isolate yourselft vs : AJ which is good but also AA/KK/JJ
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Arigold,

He does 3-bet quite a bit in the CO so far so why do we choose to slowplay our hand here OOP? Do you have a specific reason? I don't see villain cbetting too much postflop (57%) so I'd just 4-bet small and go with the hand.
    • AriGold1980
      AriGold1980
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Arigold,

He does 3-bet quite a bit in the CO so far so why do we choose to slowplay our hand here OOP? Do you have a specific reason? I don't see villain cbetting too much postflop (57%) so I'd just 4-bet small and go with the hand.
      I've noticed the low cb in 3b pot after the call so yes there is not very much value in slowplaying . But his fold to 4b made me think there isn't too much value in 4b/calling . I can't decide what is the best line here .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by AriGold1980
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Arigold,

I've noticed the low cb in 3b pot after the call so yes there is not very much value in slowplaying . But his fold to 4b made me think there isn't too much value in 4b/calling . I can't decide what is the best line here .
      His fold to 4-bet is not that small and it's against everyone. Our image and dynamic matter as well and if we've been aggro (at the table or with him) I would imagine that he won't fold that much. And if we think that he folds a lot we can always start 4-betting smaller, with both value and bluffs. So I think that, 4-betting is better here, especially since we'd be OOP and his low flop cbet which will reduce the value we get in calling.