[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KT vs cbet

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $33.12 (165.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $7.60 (38 bb)
      UTG: $27.74 (138.7 bb)
      MP: $8.30 (41.5 bb)
      CO: $35.72 (178.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) 4 7 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.90, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.40 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 4 7 6
      BTN mucked and won $1.33 ($0.73 net)
      Hero mucked T K and lost (-$0.60 net)

steal in BTN 60 (5)

flop and turn aggression bit so could c/r tbere. He cbets low amount but not much sample.

On the other hand - flop is drawy, so maybe this time he is not cbeting really often, which means I will not make him fold often enough.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine but a bit loose against unknown.

Postflop: We should really get in good habits of not raising just for the sake of raising. The flop is connected but we have little equity. We also have little information on our opponent.

If you were to ck/raise what would your plan be?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold

depends on how much we make him fold. We could bluff turn if flush is posible, but if his flop calling range is strong then we might not have that much fold equity.

So then raise flop and give up.

If its not efective enough then fold of course. Just need to find out how to make my fcbet optimal. Especially when defending blinds and folding too much to cbets I make things even worse probably. Better to just fold preflop if letting him take biger pots post flop.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      The flop raise is possible, but it is better to do such moves with some backdoor draws, like K or probably a T, which means he will have less spade draws in his flop-calling-range.
      For me it is a pretty standart check-fold flop.

And this opp is still unknown for us, so I consider preflop calling is a bad idea without specific reads about his contbets.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

depends on how much we make him fold. We could bluff turn if flush is posible, but if his flop calling range is strong then we might not have that much fold equity.

So then raise flop and give up.

If its not efective enough then fold of course. Just need to find out how to make my fcbet optimal. Especially when defending blinds and folding too much to cbets I make things even worse probably. Better to just fold preflop if letting him take biger pots post flop.
      Well, we have no information about him so we don't know what his range will be.

For us to be able to profitably raise flop and give up we need him to cbet and fold a lot of junk (or a lot of made hands).

And yes, you are better folding preflop with very speculative hands, like weak offsuite broadways, until you find more information about villain.