[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AJs

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $12.87 (128.7 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $10.95 (109.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $10.31 (103.1 bb)
      BTN: $16.44 (164.4 bb)
      SB: $6.94 (69.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, BB folds, MP calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.50) 7 3 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, MP calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($3.10) A (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, MP calls $0.20, Hero raises to $2.60, SB folds, MP calls $2.40

River: ($8.50) 8 (2 players)
      MP bets $7.35 and is all-in, Hero???

MP is 53/24 over 150 hands. he was raising a few hands in a row before this and i think he was probably bored. he rarely folds to 3bets over this sample so my 3bet is for value. SB is also a weak player given stack size and his cold call OOP, but i only have 9 hands on him. he's been involved in all of them.

on the flop i don't think i have FE so i decided not to cbet. but when SB leads for 2bb i don't think i can fold... i called with the intention of raising a small turn bet on any J, any A and any :club: which i did ott...

given MPs play, i don't think his range is very strong. he would most likely raise strong hands on the turn to get value and put more money into the pot. when he calls my raise it's a bit surprising and i expect him to mainly have weaker pairs, but the majority of his range is probably draws. i doubt he has Ax on the turn when he doesn't raise.

on the river i don't really know what to do. all draws missed. 65 would have raised earlier imo... to call or to fold? he didn't tank before he shipped. he could play this way with a rivered 2pair that was super weak before.. but maybe he'd just bet smaller?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We can't cbet the flop when villain 2x donks into us. We can raise though which is what I would do g iven our hand and their really weak line (we can easily raise fold).

As played we should have raised bigger on the turn and as played the river is close. We only lose to A8, 78 and 88 and I'm sure he'd most likely play those the same. But for less than 33% odds I think I would call ONLY if he has been aggro/random so far. This line from fish is almost always the nuts.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i recognised this situation as pretty similar to the hand i posted the other day where you suggested cbetting instead of checking. if it was a HU pot in this hand i would cbet because of position + BDFD + overs... what we went over the other day.

i meant to say because it was multiway i decided not to cbet before SB donked.

i wasn't actually sure what to do but when i posted this hand i thought maybe raising the flop would be much better. so my question is how much would you raise the flop? and most importantly, what's your plan for the rest of the hand? will you barrel on pretty much any turn which is a non- :diamond: and an 8 or above?

as played, how much should i be raising here? i didn't think too much about my raise size but i remember seeing you raising much much bigger in your videos/coachings than i do in those spots so it's something i'll have to pay attention to.

thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i recognised this situation as pretty similar to the hand i posted the other day where you suggested cbetting instead of checking. if it was a HU pot in this hand i would cbet because of position + BDFD + overs... what we went over the other day.

i meant to say because it was multiway i decided not to cbet before SB donked.

i wasn't actually sure what to do but when i posted this hand i thought maybe raising the flop would be much better. so my question is how much would you raise the flop? and most importantly, what's your plan for the rest of the hand? will you barrel on pretty much any turn which is a non- :diamond: and an 8 or above?

as played, how much should i be raising here? i didn't think too much about my raise size but i remember seeing you raising much much bigger in your videos/coachings than i do in those spots so it's something i'll have to pay attention to.

thanks!
      Since their bets are so small we don't need to raise that much (maybe 1.7-2). The rest of the hand would depend on the opponents that continue. SB is shorter, so if he calls our raise we have roughly a 2/3 pot bet left so we only ship turn on something that helps us.

If the other guy calls we can bet high cards as well as anything that helps us.