This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 56s iso NL10

• BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($10.56)
      UTG+1 ($4.42)
      MP1 ($10)
      MP2 ($11.15)
      MP3 ($8.81)
      Hero (CO) ($10)
      Button ($10)
      SB ($18.50)
      BB ($3.71)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 5
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.65) 8, 5, 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.30, Hero folds, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.25) A (2 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks

River: ($1.25) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40

Total pot: $2.05

Hi,

Can I isolate with similar hands aggainst villains who limp a lot? this one is 15/0 after 73 h
      I don't really like my call here. What would you do?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

The decision to iso/limp depends on a few things which determine how often you can get the pot headsup as opposed to having multiple callers behind you. When you are playing in a multi-way pot, the advantages of having the initiative is greatly diminished since you cannot bluff so effectively.

1) Position - If you are in later position, raising is better with fewer players left to act behind you
      2) Tightness of villain - If villain is tighter, the likelihood of getting limped/reraised is higher
      3) Looseness of the table - The looser players are at the table, the likelier it is for them to overcall behind your iso-raise

I think all things considered, this is NL10 and not NL2. I think players are much tighter in a FR game, and also we are in the CO which is fairly good for iso-raising here.
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      I don't get it, why is it, that if the villain is tighter the likelyhood of getting limp reraised is higher?, doesn't that mean that he usually limps pockets? And I don't see a lot of limp reraises in general. I think there is a slight chance of that happening, and if it does I have an easy fold. But I may be wrong...