[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A9cc

• Farmarchist
      Hi guys,

Villain seems loose over 15 hands 45/25 or something if I remember. This was his 1st 3bet. His search was off and he was goldstar so I couldn't determine yet if he was a fish or not.

I tend to fold if I know he's fish because fish don't bluff3bet that often. When I'm not rly sure I kinda play my gto ranges and A9s is in my 4bet bluffrange. I get called and I guess his range is approx; lot of Axs, some SC's , some random AJ/AQ...

Was considering checking for a moment because I don't make him fold better hands and he has Ahi himself a lot which he's pbb not folding. I still don't know what is best here and what are reasons for betting and checking. In the end I did bet because I had a backdoor so I can shove clubs and also for bluff prevention. I also made it kinda big so I hoped he folded his worse AX then... Not sure though

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2160486
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $31.37
      Hero (BTN): $50.50
      SB: $213.34
      BB: $58.74
      UTG: $56.87
      MP: $59.70

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with A :club: 9 :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $9, BB calls $5

Flop: ($18.25) 3 :club: 4 :spade: 2 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $11, BB raises to $26, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: just fold preflop. given the stuff you posted here i think there's an 80%+ chance he's a fish. Serious NL50 regs are usually going to be plat star at the very least IMO

Flop: Would bet here, but you are betting way too large. Rmb that this is a 4bet pot, and typical bet sizes are between 30-50%, since pot is already so huge compared to stack sizes. I expect his range to be wider than AX and pocket pairs here which is why I don't mind betting here.