This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] folding TPTK on flop

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $12.82
      UTG+1: $65.89
      Hero: $62.89
      Button: $34.47
      SB: $64.19
      BB: $61.56

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K:diamond: A:heart:
      [color:#cc0000]UTG raises to $0.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 raises to $2[/color], Hero calls, 3 folds, [color:#cc0000]UTG raises to $4[/color], UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9:spade: K:heart: 4:spade: ($12.35, 3 players)
      UTG checks, [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 bets $0.25[/color], Hero calls, [color:#cc0000]UTG raises all-in $8.82[/color], UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $8.57 returned to UTG.

Ok, this is a kinda weird hand and I have a few questions. The way the preflop went down I was pretty sure UTG had AA,KK (don’t even think he’d do this with QQ). Two min bets preflop from a bad player UTG definitely means something I think. My first question is whether I should just throw it away preflop after the min raise to 4$ based on what I think his hand range is. I ended up calling because I was getting ridiculous odds and decided that I’d only continue on if an A hit the flop (because then I’m actually beating half his range)

On the flop I call the min bet because I was trying to control the pot and still thought that UTG had me beat. When he reraised all-in it just fit either Aces or trip Kings so well that I decided to muck. Any thoughts on the pre or post flop play would be greatly appreciated.
  • 2 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      On preflop with a raise and 3bet before you I'd probably fold, if I knew the 3better was a maniac I'd do 4bet/fold maybe. I don't know what about your cold call, I wouldn't do it though.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I players are tight fold pf, other option would re-raise to 6$ and call UTG shove /fold UTG+1 shove.
      If you decided to call pf, then you have to call on the flop, since you have tptk and UTG has less than potsize left.