Stack sizes:
      UTG: $8.93
      UTG+1: $44.12
      CO: $13.69
      Button: $6.45
      SB: $89.05
      Hero: $40.87

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8:heart: 8:spade:
      2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.5[/color], CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6:club: 5:club: 5:spade: ($4.6, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $3.5[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises all-in $12.19[/color], Button folds, Hero calls.

Is it ok to call this kind of a push on such a dry board? I don’t think he would play it like this with trips or pk 6’s because it’s too strong a move for a monster so I was putting him on a pk pair 2’s-9’s (this also fits his preflop play of limp call, I think he’d be raising T’s or higher preflop mostly). The only other thing is that I cbet a ton and had been playing a while at this table so I thought it was pretty likely that he’d make a move like this with a weak hand like an underpair.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also call and the best reason calling here is that player is middle-stack, so he would shove with draws, smaller pairs or sometimes nothing.
      Nh.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      I wouldnt call that board dry. There is flush draw and bit less likely but still possible straight draws. Those guys limped - easily could have suited connectors.

You cant discount trip possibilities, A5 is possible hand here imo. Since you said you cbet a lot he could be making a move as well. As played i also think this is a call.

What i am not sure about is raising 88 preflop. I wouldnt raise 88 after limpers from late position, i wouldnt do it from BB too. Overcards are very likely and wouldnt like playing hand then out of position. Even if i hit set getting money oop is bit tricky and thats why i wouldnt risk making preflop raise. But perhaps thats just me :)
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      hey grimzor,

I agree that it is a marginal raise from the BB, but I'm definitely raising 88 from late position with some limpers. My goal is to either take it down, or get heads up with someone so that i can often take it down with a cbet on the flop. I'm trying to play pretty loose preflop as well since I play SH and want to be aggressive.

To Kaitz- What would you're range look like for raising preflop from the BB on SH tables with a couple of limpers.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      66+
      AT+
      JT+
      KJ+