[NL20-NL50] TT on K then A high

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 101.5 BB
      UTG: 41.98 BB (VPIP: 34.78, PFR: 10.14, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 72)
      CO: 446 BB (VPIP: 24.61, PFR: 20.47, 3Bet Preflop: 9.76, Hands: 3,801)
      BTN: 102.18 BB (VPIP: 19.95, PFR: 16.28, 3Bet Preflop: 7.05, Hands: 1,954)
      SB: 55.5 BB (VPIP: 23.05, PFR: 17.97, 3Bet Preflop: 4.63, Hands: 304)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:diamond: T:spade:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart: K:club: 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 4.86 BB, Hero calls 4.86 BB

Turn: (16.22 BB, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 12.16 BB, Hero calls 12.16 BB

River: (40.54 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets 30.4 BB, Hero calls 30.4 BB

Hero shows T:diamond: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 56%, Flop 74%, Turn 82%)
      CO shows J:heart: Q:club: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 44%, Flop 26%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 96.28 BB

I know he is capable of bet bet bet as bluff if I check to him. I think he calls mostly with PP and not so many Kx Ax hands.
      If he would bet turn smaller and river 1/2 I would fold because it would look as value bet, and when he bets large he is polarized so I snap call.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: 3bet this for value and 5bet this.

Flop: Don't take a check/call line unless villain is super imbalanced and easy to play against, or you have a balanced check/call gameplan and you are not afraid of being exploited here (you have some KX in your range or you are willing to herocall down multiple streets with medium strength hands some of the time)

Vs anyone who can hand-read and knows you are not balanced here, he will immediately know that
      -You either have KK here, or some medium strength hand with SD value
      -It makes sense to either give up immediately or 3 barrel for value

What happens is that you are just put in a world of hurt vs such a player. You are going to get owned super hard here.

Basically you won here, but you are just making random guesses about his bet-size. Sometimes bet size tells can give us a lot of information especially from fish, but I think a lot of the time you are just making assumptions which may not necessarily be true when you are readless.

If you do not have a balanced c/c plan here, then I would just bet JJ and TT here on the Flop.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      I agree about 3betting TT. I would not 5bet because he calls so much 3bets, and is not 4betting a lot. He calls often PP and calls down at least 2 streets.

Why do you say you would bet flop? I am not having initiative here, so it would be donk.
      I call very often AJ, KQ, AQ, AK, sometimes even QQ+ versus aggro people and take the same check/call line. Also sometimes with 2 pairs, sets I take check call and river raise. So I dont think he can really exploit me.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Ooops,

I kept thinking you were the 3better after I suggested 3betting here. my bad.

Key stats here are Flop cbet Turn cbet River cbet and BU opening range. Flop cbet is an obvious bluff spot. So is the Turn. I think on the river by default you should call down Ace pairs, maybe some King pairs, and fold most hands worse than KX here.

In order to justify calling here with TT, you need a good read on your opponent's tendencies (and thus you are making an exploitive play of shifting away from the optimal strategy of folding TT here by making a looser call). I don't see you providing such information so I think it's a fold.