$28.97
      MP2:
      $34.92
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.63, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.99, CO calls $1.36.

Flop: ($4.08) 7, T, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, CO raises to $6.60, Hero raises to $26.98, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.68.

339 hands vpip20 pfr17 wtsd20 fold to 3 bet 64 call 36            

got raised on the flop, if he has set,I think he should call in position.
      so I put his range on gutshot or flush draw ,and went all in bluff with backdoor + ace high.
      was it overplayed?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I don't like making such plays without reads. here you are just trusting your instincts that he is making a bluff play like that. If you had AK it may be better, cos you can dominate AdXd type of hands.

Here you have Ad which blocks off nut flush draw combos off his range, which is probably the most likely hand in his range when he takes this line (besides air).

Thanks.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I don't like making such plays without reads. here you are just trusting your instincts that he is making a bluff play like that. If you had AK it may be better, cos you can dominate AdXd type of hands.

Here you have Ad which blocks off nut flush draw combos off his range, which is probably the most likely hand in his range when he takes this line (besides air).

Thanks.
      so it means they can bluff raise offten with flush draw with Ad?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      People are more likely to make plays with backdoor flush draws, so if you have Ad yourself, your opponent cannot have something like AdJx or AdQx or AdTx which can raise the Flop as a bluff and fold to a push.

As for AK, you can just raise/push the Flop and get it in against draws vs straightforward opponents who will raise the Flop only with flush draws, and always slowplay sets and call with pairs as opposed to raising for thin value.